25

When they walked into the home, Alice made a beeline for a love seat, where she immediately sat down. Rosalie curled up on one end of a sofa, and Emmett sat on the other end. Edward sat on the floor between them, leaned back against the couch, and looked over at Jasper, who stood by the door unsure of himself.

"You can come inside and make yourself at home, Jasper. Alice already did," Edward shook his head at Alice in exasperation. She already considered it home. He had seen her visions of the future, he saw them getting along, but he still found it all surreal. Neither of them appeared aggressive. Jasper was a bit defensive. But when he had read their thoughts, it did appear that they wanted to join. He decided to watch for now.

"Thank you," Jasper said as he made his way over to Alice and sat down. She held his hand to make him feel comfortable.

"So, you're Alice and Jasper? Nice to meet you!" Emmett grinned as he got up and leaned over to shake their hands before sitting back down.

Rosalie looked away from them all, looking at her nails, pretending she wasn't paying attention. But she couldn't control herself and asked, "what about your friend? What's her name?"

Emmett looked over at her sadly, then turned back to Alice and Jasper, "did I really ruin it? I'll go get her right now. I'll carry her back if I need to!" he said, getting to his feet.

"I think she'll kill you if you try to touch her. That's the vibe she gave off. Am I right about her?" Edward asked Alice and Jasper.

"Yes," Jasper answered Edward.

"Her name is Serafina Hart, and she just needs time," Alice said, looking over to Rosalie.

"She just left," whispered Rosalie, still refusing to look at anyone.

"No, no time. We have to tell her she was wrong," Emmett said seriously after looking at his sister.

"Even if we could catch up to her, it shouldn't be you," Edward told Emmett, "She left because she almost killed you for touching Rosalie. She only didn't because she thought if she killed you, it would upset Rosalie." He finished looking at Rosalie.

This bit of information did cause a small smile to appear on Rosalie's face.

"Wha- Really? Don't think I don't see you smiling over there, Rosie! How can you be alright with that?" Emmett questioned, "She didn't seem that tough." He mumbled as he slowly sat back down.

"She doesn't listen," Edward said in annoyance, "I told her you were our brother."

"She was very upset at the perceived situation," Jasper spoke up for his friend.

A small argument went off between the teens about Serafina's behavior. Edward and Emmett were upset with her for leaving Rosalie after finding each other. Jasper tried to explain her actions while Alice slipped into a vision that no one noticed due to the arguing.