96

Serafina was alone in the garage, working on a new piece. She had many petite sapphires and diamonds she was fashioning into a necklace for fun. Half of the necklace was made up of about fifty petite sapphires, while the other half had about fifteen bigger diamonds, and the signature of it was a large diamond dropping down. It was tedious work. This piece was worth several million if she ever wanted to sell it. But she didn't like to sell her treasures. It was more that she found them easier to transport when they were made into jewelry.

She had been working on this piece for a few months and finally finished. She smiled at her handiwork and went to the floor safe to place it inside for safekeeping. Then, she tidied up her area and headed through the garage door for a change of pace. When she did, she saw a yellow Porsche in the driveway. She stared at it in confusion momentarily before Alice threw herself into her arms.

"Guess what Edward bought me!" Alice squealed.

"It's very yellow," Serafina answered.

Alice rolled her eyes as she dropped from Serafina's arms, "Where's your better half? She'd appreciate this!"

Rosalie soon appeared, "Is that a Porsche 911 Turbo?" she asked as she stood beside Serafina and sneakily placed her hand in Serafina's back pocket.

Serafina raised her brow at that, but she wouldn't complain.

"Yes!" Alice answered happily, "I fell in love with it when we were in Italy! It's an amazing ride!" she and Rosalie began discussing the car's specs, but Serafina didn't care.

"Why did he buy it for you?" Serafina suddenly wondered.

Alice, somewhat deflated, said, "Well, he wasn't happy with Bella going to the Rez. So, he asked me to look out for her when he's hunting." She tried to change the subject back to the car quickly.

"Whoa, wait a minute. Did he bribe you with a car to keep her away from her friends? That's not right." Serafina said in realization.

"Well, I kind of agree with him that she's safer here than with the wolves," she shrugged. She saw Serafina's and Rosalie's confusion. "I think I only managed to see her the other day, when I had to make Ed feel better, because she had already decided to leave. But I don't like not being able to see her future. She's fragile, and those mutts block my vision." She huffed.

"It's a little too much," Serafina remarked.

"How can you say that? She has a psychotic nomad who is crazy, sneaky, and hunting her!" Alice explained.

"Yeah, but the mutts don't want her to get hurt either," Rosalie pointed out.

"Agree to disagree?" Alice offered.

"We aren't going to see eye to eye when it comes to this girl's freedom. So sure," Serafina shrugged.

"None of our business anyways how you deal with the girl," Rosalie added.