Chapter 2

I heard bang on my door, my eyes shot open. The banging didn't stop... just who the fuck?

I got up with sleepy eyes and managed to dawdle to the door and pull it open. “What are you still doing in bed?” Chloe yelled.

I rubbed my eyes, leaning by the door frame. “What time is it?”

“It's 5 am, we gotta go excersing. Everyone is downstairs waiting” Her last statement made my eyes shoot open.

“Everyone is downstairs?”

“Yeah, go get dressed” I dashed into the bathroom.

Where do I effing start from?

Few minutes later

I walked out of my closet. Yeah, new record.

10 minutes and 15 seconds.

My hair was in a high pony tail and I wore a sport leggings and a purple bra.

“Umm...is this okay for the run?” Chloe looked up from my phone. “Of course” She now had a mischievous smile on her lips.

“I guess... I'm ready”

“Great! Let's go” She jumped down the bed and began pulling me out of the room and into the elevator and out of the elevator and into the living room.

All eyes shot to us and I sucked in a breath. “I'm out” Carson leaned away from the wall and picked up the leach of the dog beside him.

It was panting loudly and it had a multiple colour fur. It was beautiful.

He shot me one last look before walking out. “Sorry for keeping you guys waiting”

“No, it's cool. Are you ready to show me some skills?” Mason got up and handed me a skateboard.

I laughed. “For real, you wanna see that wreck show”

“I know you're good, come on” He grabbed my hand and began pulling me outside. A silly smile made way to my lips.

Everyone was outside already.

Calvin was riding a bicycle out of the surrounding while Cole hopped on Chloe pink little bike.

“Hey!” She yelled. He was already out and I'm sure there's a huge argument in the future.

***

“I hate you so much! You're the worst!” Chloe yelled as we walked back home.

I never thought jogging could go so wrong until this morning.

Let me give you a run down of everything that went down. For starters, Cole burnt Chloe's bicycle.

Carson set his demon dog free and it pursed the shit out of me. He found it funny, I fell, almost lost an ankle and he's now in my burn book.

It hasn't even been 24 hours and everything was so wrong. I walked past Cole and Chloe and headed for the kitchen.

There's been lots of arguments and shouting, I grabbed an ice pack and over my head it went.

“You good?” Jayson asked and I leaned by the counter. “I'm holding up” he chuckled.

“Chloe's about killing Cole with a knife. So, if you guys care so much...at least come watch it happen” Calvin informed and my eyes shot up.

“Should we-”

“Yes!” We both ran out to the living room. “Chloe!” Someone stopped her before she could lunged at him.

She stopped and threw the knife down. “What's all this-”

“He burnt my bike!”

“She tried to kill me!”

“Enough!” Carson cut them both off. He even shot me up with the kinda authority radiating out of him.

“This should be the last time I would be seeing this. I mean there are easier ways to commit murder”

“Seriously?” Cole asked

“And less messier. All this shit ends now” Chloe looked down. “Fuckers” He mumbled before walking out of the house.

Where was he going? I thought he was grounded.

***

There was a knock on my door, I got up and pulled it open and there was Mrs Parker.

“How are you doing, darling?” If I was honest, I'm doing horrible. I just wanna go to bed.

“I'm good, how about you, mrs - Emma?” I corrected myself. “Are you still asking?” She chuckled before walking in with bags.

It was 8 in the evening and she's in a long black body fitted dress and heels. “What's all this for?”

“The question is who? Here you go” She handed it to me. “You didn't have to”

“Yeah, you would have come along with me and make your choice. But I knew you would be busy, so I did the shopping for you, hope you like it” She said.

“Yes! Thank you” She smiled. “So, are you ready for school tomorrow?”

I haven't even thought of that. “Uhh...”

“Don't worry, it would be good” She rubbed my shoulder. “The boys are there” That's the most reason it wouldn't.

“Speaking of the boys, I heard about what happened this morning” Let me guess, Chloe snitched.

I only hummed in response and someone walked down the hallway. “Carson!” She called out, he hult and retraced his steps back.

He looked weared out and...sick. No emotion crossed his face, he was in a black shirt and jean, different from what he wore this morning when he left.

I looked away once he caught me. “I'm in no mood to talk right now” He told her straight up.

“Well, you left this morning without seeking my consent” She was calm.

“It was something really important, I had to leave” She sighs. “At least, you came back and you're still grounded”

“Is this the shit you called me for?” he asked.

Asshole.

“I want you to apologise to Charlotte” We both looked up. “Why?” We asked in unison, exchanging looks.

“I know what went down this morning and that was so irresponsible of you” She turned to him.

You could say that again.

“Did you say something?” I said that out loud? “No”

“As to make up for what you did, you would give her a ride to school tomorrow”

“Why?” He asked, glancing at me and then back at his mom. That's more like a punishment to me!

“Mason is driving Chloe and Jayson is taking the boys”

That's not even a reason.

“And don't even try to ditch her” Ditch me, please!

She turned back to me and I shot her a fake smile. He was gone before we knew it.

“Have some rest and get ready for tomorrow” I nodded and she pinched my cheek and shot me a smile before walking out.

I fell back on the bed with a groan. Now, I gotta unpack!

______

Not edited