Chapter 34

5 days, I repeat...5 freaking days and I know you wouldn't believe when I say it but...Carson hasn't gotten back since...5 fucking days!

5! I'm going nuts!

He doesn't answer his phone, not like I've called or anything but let's be real...he wouldn't answer my call.

I knew Carson wasn't lost, the parents knew too, explains why they weren't making any effort looking for him. He was just staying away... away from all this bullshit.

I have been down this past few days. We all got grounded back to the stone age though...that explains the mood in the house.

I walked Into the kitchen. There was Emma with a clipboard in her hand, she gave orders to the movers around, while ticking things off the list.

She was restocking things in the house, there was a whole lotta work today.

Chloe walked in. “Hey darling!”

“Why is Carson not back yet?” she asked. “Oh honey...” Emma chuckles.  “Are you hungry? Mitchell made-” she pulled away from her grip.

“No! Carson has not being home for days now!” she yelled and Emma sighed, picking up her clipboard again. “Chloe, he's gonna get back”

“When?”

“This conversation is over” she stated, focusing on her previous work. “You're the worst!” Chloe yelled, running out.

“Chloe!”

“Do you have any idea where he could be?” I asked and she turned to me. “Oh Charlotte, you're awake. You're just in time to try what Mitchell made for breakfast”

I know she's tryna avoid this topic.

“Emma, I know you're mad at us and I'm sorry, I messed up and disappointed you but i-”

“Charlotte” she walked to me. “I'm not mad at any of you. That's long gone, okay? So, now is no one hungry for breakfast?” she threw her hands in the air.

I shook my head. “I'm good” I headed back to the elevator.

I wish Emma knew her son, he wouldn't come back except someone comes to pull him from wherever the fuck he Is.

The guys has contacted all his friends and also... enemies. I swear on that one. We had to be sure he wasn't held for ransom for being an asshole.

I stopped at the third floor and got out. I knew Chloe would be here. I walked to the end of the hall and pushed the door open...to the Green House.

Yeah, there was a green house in this house. I've been here like twice. The roof was as high as with a sky gaze roof.

This was like a little garden inside the house. With different flowers of all kinds in pots, the place was breathtaking.

And I was right, Chloe was here.

In the middle of the room was a large telescope. I would really like to see through that shit one day. Chloe sat beside the water fountain with fluffy, the rabbit on her lap.

Yeah, we kept the rabbit.

“Hey” she looked up at me and I sat beside her, delving my hand in the water fountain. “How do you know I'll be here?” she asked.

“You said it's your favorite place, remember?” a smile tugged at her lips. “I remember my first day here...in which I drank Gary”

“Who's that?”

“Cole's goldfish. Don't blame me, I was only 4 back then” I laughed, throwing my head back. I sighed and looked back down at the fountain. “You shouldn't have said that to your mom”

“No one cares on bringing Carson home” she ruffled the rabbit's fur. “You know, she does, Chloe. He is her son” I wish I could convince myself.

“He's gonna get back”

“When?”

“Soon”

“How soon?”i stared at her. “Very soon”

“You're gonna get him back?” her eyes lit up. “Chloe, I know it's-”

“Forget it, you hate him too. So there's no need to-” I turned to her. “Chloe, I don't hate him”

“You both bicker every time”

“That's our... come across attitude. We argue...to try to understand... each other. It's our way...of... being friends” she was hitting me with that deadpanned look.

“Uh huh”

“Look Chloe, if I could...I would get him back but...”

“What?”

I sighed. I was a bitch, I ran into conclusion fast and ruined my chances with him. “Is it because he's with that chick and it made you jealous?”

My eyes shot to her. “What?!”

“I saw you, you looked so jealous, you were about ready to slam her head over the lockers. I understand, Charlotte” she tapped my shoulder reassuringly.

I was literally so speechless. How was I the one who got adviced?

★★★

“I'm sorry you got grounded and can't have visitors over” Bianca said from over the phone. I sighed. “I'm fine, I'm not in jail, Bianca”

“Yo Parkers! How's jail?” Harley yelled, bursting through the door. “Babe?”

“Harley?” Mrs Parker asked walking in from the stairs. She wore a little black dress and heels and her bag over her shoulder, she was heading somewhere.

“Oh, Mrs Parker, I didn't expect you to be home...” Harley said, walking in. “You know everyone is grounded”

“Yeah, that's why I'm here to scold them” Jayson rolled his eyes. “I gotta go, Bianca” I ended the call.

“Well, I'm heading out. If he gets back, call me” with that she walked out. Harley fell beside her boyfriend. “He still isn't back?”

“Yeah, don't worry, he will” he reassured, placing a kiss on her head. “Where's everyone? Why is the vibe so low in here? You know what? I'm making pie, come on Charlotte!”

She pulled me to the kitchen without my will. “I'm not really in the mood to make pies, Harley”

“No one is ever in the mood to do any shit” she said and I sighed. “You too? You're gonna down my mood?"

I sighed again and leaned on the counter. “I just kinda feel bad he ain't home”

“It's no one's fault. Look one time, Jayson stayed out this late” She said. “For 5 days?” I asked.

“21 hours” I shot her a look. “Look all I'm saying is. He'll be back, now help me make this pie!”

Hours later

It was night already and time for bed, I came down to hydrate myself, pulling open the fridge, I stopped half way, spotting Carson's favorite drink.

Bud light.

I grabbed a bottle of water and went to a stool, I took a gulp and sighed. I shook my head and pulled out my phone.

Tapping on his number, I held the phone over my ear while taking another gulp. The call ended after the fourth ring.

He didn't pick up.

Who was i kidding?

...