Chapter 38

Charlotte's POV

"I can't believe you got him back, like you got this effect on him" Bianca rambled as we headed to Spanish class.

"This is amazing! The first step to a perfect love story" She yelled and I turned back to her. "Stop. I don't wanna talk about him"

"Speak of the devil" she murmured, glancing over my shoulder.

I turned back around and we both locked eyes and I was the first to look away. "He's heading our way"

Before I could turn back around, he was in front of me. His blue orbs stared down at me. "I want us to meet after school"

"Sorry, I'm not gonna make it" I said, crossing my hand over my chest. "By my car, it's important" he ignored my earlier statement.

He waited for a reply, I was never gonna give. "What she meant was... she's gonna be there"Bianca said and he gave her a curt nod before walking out.

"What was that about?" I shot back to her. "You have to go meet him, you don't hear that from him every day. It gotta be important" I glared at her and we continued our journey to Spanish class.

"Okay, I don't get why you hate him so much. He is just trying to help, he cares about-"

I shot back to her. "Do you even know this guy?" I cut her off. "Yeah, he's hot, handsome and-" I shook my head and continued down the hall.

We would never get there, would we?

"Except you know something else" she swung her hand over my shoulder. I glanced at her. What was I gonna tell Bianca?

What difference would that make?

★★★

I twirled my straw in my lemonade while watching Jayson and Harley. I've been doing that all lunch, they were just perfect for each other, I don't think they could ever break up.

Harley was lucky to find someone.

Bianca came back to the table. "How's bathroom?" I asked, sucking from my straw. "Lucky I made it there" she sat down back

"So Jayson, about the game" I asked and he looked up. "Oh, it's been postponed till Friday.

"Hey guys" Mason said, taking the seat beside me. "Hey" I looked down at the tray In front of him. "My doughnut" I took it happily.

"Thought about your threat, so I..." I laughed and took a bite out of it. "So, what do you think about Spanish class?" I asked.

"I didn't hear a shit she said"

I chuckled. "That's why you gotta hit libraries or some shit like that" I said. "That doesn't sound bad"

"Not everybody will accept to go to the library" I slowly turned to Bianca. "What? How do you expect me to be quiet"

"You just shut up" I threw my hands in the air and Mason laughed. "So, what are the cheerleaders gonna do in the game?" I turned back to him.

"Cheer, isn't that all we do?"

He smiled. "Nah, you guys bring the vibe to the party"

"They better win or the party will be a bummer" I turned to Jayson and he grinned. "Against Westview right?"

"Yeah, those fuckers" Jayson replied, typing on his phone. Mason phone beeped. "That's my cue"

"You just got here" I pouted. "I know, practice"

"Y'all won the game" I reminded, he chuckled. "Then we gotta stay awesome" I smacked him lightly, sucking from my straw.

"So, I guess I'm not gonna be haunted..." I grinned.