Chapter 14

I stared at him in shock, I was indeed bursted. Why didn't I stay home and mind my business?

The look on his face was that of horror, I dreaded it. “What are you fucking doing here?” He pulled me off the ground.

“Uhh...I...” I trailed off as my eyes diverted to the surrounding, we were parked in front of a huge building covered in graffiti.

The air was filled with smoke and mist. “What is this place?” Was my question.

“What were you thinking? You followed me here!” He drew my attention back. “I was curious and...” The rest of the sentence got stuck in my mouth when I saw his face.

He tugged his hair in frustration, letting out beautiful strings of curses. “No seriously, where is this place?” I took in the environment.

“You don't have to be here, why do you have to be so fucking stubborn?!” He yelled. “Why are you here then and what is this place?” My question still stands.

“Shit Charlotte!” He hit the car in anger and I flinched. Group of guys got out of the building, they conversed amongst themselves.

One of them glanced my way as they began heading to the opposite direction.

Another group walked out, the taller dude had a cigarette between his lips, he gave Carson a slight nod and he returned it.

“Get in the car, you're staying there”

“Hell no! What if one of those guys comes back?”I refused. “Then you should have fucking stayed home” He yelled back and I rolled my eyes.

“Get in” he pulled me towards the open door. “No, what if something crazy happens? And who are those guys and why are you here?”

He stopped pulling me and his eyes bore holes through mine. He grabbed the duffel bag beside and began pulling me towards the building.

“Wait, what the fuck?” We got up the stairs. “You want answers, don't you?” His blue eyes darkened as he glanced at me.

I gulped down slowly as we approached the door. I didn't wanna go in, I didn't want him too either but I barely had a choice...

This is what I get for be so nosy.

We walked in through the huge double doors, the hallway was barely lighted. Another group approached, they were also guys.

No shit!

They glanced at me, Carson hands tightening over mine. We took a left into another hallway and then we walked into a huge room.

It had a long counter at the center, he finally let me go and I looked around the empty room which had lights supplied from the little window opposite.

“Stay here” he began leaving. “Where are-” I swallowed the rest of the words when he shot me a look.

He left and I was all in...God knows where. It gave me this icky feeling, I slowly walked to the window and stared outside, to nothing at all but it supplied fresh air and calmed my nerves.

“Check that out” I turned around immediately to a group of guys. The one in front had a nose piercing, only in a tank top and pants.

Curse the fact I was only in a white shirt and short. His friends grinned, their eyes roved my body. “And who do we have here?” His voice was low and gruffy.

He walked towards me, rounding the counter. My hand tightened over the window seel. I took a step back and that was it, that was my dead end.

He stopped in front of me with a satisfied smile on his lips. He reminded me of Jackson.

I can't believe I was gonna get harassed twice in the space of three days.

Should have stayed home, Charlotte. Should have stayed home.

Where are you, Carson?

His fingers slowly moved my hair away from my face. I stepped away and he froze in place. “Are you resisting me?” He asked coldly and I glanced up at him.

Those dark eyes turning darker. He moved closer and I couldn't take another step.

“Who are you?” He whispered. “Back away” I spoke up, his eyes shot open and he glanced back at his friends. “She talks” They all laughed.

He turned back to me, his smile gone. “Don't...try...” Images of the incident shot through my mind. “...to be... smart with me”

His hands gripped my waist immediately. I growled, my fist making way to his face. “Fuck!” I yelled, holding my hand.

I didn't know where that came from but shit it hurts.

He looked up at me, hands over his face. His friends were in shock. “You bitch!” He came at me but then something held him back...more like someone.

I looked up and there was Carson, he hit him in the face, kicking him to the  floor. The other dudes came at him and a big fight broke out.

I moved back as he threw another guy to the side. I was frozen in place, I couldn't believe my eyes.

He was all riled up, I mean he had a mix of violence in him but this... this was insane. He grabbed my hand and began pulling me away, we ran out to the entrance of the building.

I couldn't believe that, what the fuck was that?

Who are this people?

Who was he? I pulled my hand away from his grip once we got outside. “Fuck!” I cursed in frustration, pulling my hair.

★★★

I turned to the other side of my bed, feeling restless. I couldn't get my mind off the shit that happened today.

I sighed and sat up, turning on the light. Why was there? The more I try to know him, the more he gets mysterious.

We got back late and I wasn't in the mood to talk to no one. Jackson incident kept replaying and then that dude.

My fist was still bruised. I'm so not punching someone again.

There was a knock on the door, I looked up. Who was that? It was late, everyone is in bed. Mostly in bed...

“Charlotte” Mrs Parker head popped in. “Can I come in?” I smiled and nodded and she slid in. “Hey...” She said sweetly, to think she has 7 kids.

“Hey” I replied and she sat at the edge of the bed beside me. “How are you, Charlotte?”

“Fine” I tucked my hair behind my ear. “I heard you didn't show up for dinner”

Snitch=Chloe

“I wasn't really... hungry” That wasn't a lie, the whole incident made me loose my appetite. “I get why you're feeling this way« I looked up at her.

“I know it's hard fitting in into this new life, I know this place would never be like home but...we could be your family” I stared at her.

“I'm happy you're here, you are like the daughter. Oh...can I rephrase that?” She asked and I chuckled. “You're like the...nice daughter I never had. I love you Charlotte, like my own daughter”

I've never had a motherly figure.

“And I saw you and...Carson this morning”

“Jeez! You saw that?” I covered my face in embarrassment. “No, it's cute. That was a positive thing...in his path. Just do what you do, and remember if you need anything, I'm always here”

“Thanks...Emma” She smiled before getting up. “Now, go to bed” she pecked me at forehead. “Now, go to bed” I nodded.

“Goodnight Emma”

“Night” she shut the door and I fell back on the bed. Hmm...

Do what I do.