Chapter 51

"Does that sound good to you?" I asked Carson, he looked up.

We were trying to finish the project. Emphasis on 'try'. We haven't gotten anywhere. Just Carson being extravagant and going on impromptu snack breaks.

And he was definitely not gonna show up for the presentation.

It's been few days since the suspension and it has been kinda good. Carson, for some reason was also ditching school with me. Bianca missed yesterday to come stay with me and we hung out and had fun but she left before Mrs Parker got back.

"I'm done" he got up and headed to the kitchen, I watched him closely as he rubbed his neck lightly.

I got up too and followed, he was taking off his jacket. That was weird because it was really cold today.

"Are you okay?" I got up the counter, he didn't respond and walked to the fridge, pulling it open and getting out a can of Budlight, he gulped down the whole thing.

I watched him as beads of sweat ran down his neck, how can he be sweaty right now? He threw the can into the bin and leaned face down on the counter.

I jumped down and walked to him. "Carson, are you okay?" I placed my hand over his shoulder but he bolted like he just got scalded.

He turned away from me not wanting me to see his face, he kept on mumbling something under his breath. "Carson!"

"I'm fine! I'm okay!" Well, it seems otherwise. He massaged his temples and began heading out and I stood there speechless

What was that about?

★★★

I sat up, letting out a yawn. I glanced at my side clock, the time was past 2pm. I felt refresh after having a long ass nap.

I got down the bed and put on my comfy footwear and I headed downstairs to get water. I rubbed my knuckles, the scar was still evident. I was just in a sweatpant and shirt.

I jogged down the stairs and headed to the kitchen but paused when I stepped in. My eyes shot to the half bottle of vodka on the counter.

I slowly walked to it and picked up the little glass. Sniffing it , I regretted my actions immediately.

It choked me and I coughed out roughly, placing back the glass. Who dropped this here? No one was home except I and...Carson.

I headed to the fridge, pulling it open.

Carson...I froze at that spot.

Head slowly turning back to the counter. Could he do this? I slowly shut the door.  He was acting frantic this morning.

He could do crazy shits.

I immediately headed to the elevator, tapping the button multiple times. I had to check up on him.

I got in and waited for the ride to get over it. Once the doors slid open, I hurried to his door. "Carson!" I banged it and then I did the craziest shit ever by hitting the door with my shoulder.

And it landed me on the floor but then I heard ruffling on the other side, I got up and the door was swung open.

There Carson stood, staring at me boredly, I let out a relived sigh. "Shit, I'm happy you're okay. I thought something... happened" He still stared at me, I let out another sigh, pulling my hair.

He really brought out the worst in me. He was about closing the door but I held it back, he glanced back at me.

I froze at that spot as blood trailed down his nose. "Carson?"