Chapter 11

CHARLOTTE'S POV

The door flew open immediately, I heard it, I heard footsteps... I felt a presence.

The groans and grunts echoed as Carson rammed his fist into Jackson's face. My head fell into my drawn up knees and I sniffled in tears.

I couldn't believe it.

My face stung from the place I was hit. My hair scattered all over my kneel and my jacket was laying on the floor.

I felt defiled, I couldn't believe he could do that. I felt...

The footsteps approached me and I refused to look up. I felt bare and open, I pulled up the sleeves of my top, head cast down.

I felt strong hand gently lift me up from the floor, he carried me like I weighed nothing and walked out of the hall.

I slowly wiped my eyes and looked up at him, his eyes were dead set on where we headed, jaw hardened, fist bruised, he didn't spare me a glance and I totally deserved it.

I felt the sun shine down on me as we stepped out, he headed to the car. He saved me, how did he know I was in trouble?

The school ground was empty, no body knew what just went down in that hall and I knew it would haunt me forever.

He got open the door to the passengers seat and slowly placed me down. I tucked my hair behind my ear,  still not meeting his eyes.

He shut the door and I watched him as he went round the car, stopping at one point and hitting it. I faced forward as he got the driver's door open.

I fucked up.

Not the best shit for me to say but he was right. Why would Jackson do that?

He kept saying things about a girl but who?

Carson sighed and asked. "Did he do anything?" He forced those words out because he didn't look at me. "No" I could only whisper.

He hit the start button and the car roared and just about then the Principal was heading to the us calling out to Carson but he ignored and drove out immediately.

★★★

"She's okay, I'll administer some drugs for the pain" The nurse said to me, glancing at Carson, who just leaned by the wall staring at me.

I've been trying to avoid his eyes since we got here.

"Thankyou" I said to her. "I'll be right back with the medications" I nodded and she walked out, I sighed, sitting up. I had his jacket over my shoulder.

My eyes on my hand as I fiddled with my fingers. "Aren't you gonna tell me you told me so?" I mumbled.

"I don't know what would hurt, the words or the consequences?" I looked up at him, I really wasn't expecting a reply.

"What did you do to him?" He eyes shot to me. "How would you trust him that much?"

"How did you know I was in trouble? And you fucking predicted this shit!" I yelled back. "Yeah, I'm sorry...for giving a fuck about you"

"He kept on talking about this girl..." he leaned away from the wall and began heading to the door.

He knew what I was talking about and he was tryna avoid this conversation. "Carson!!"

"You're one of the most pathetic person I've met..." He shot back to me, I got up. "So you've met yourself"

"You are out here defending him after the shits he did!"

"Why would he have done that out of the blue? He doesn't even know me, we have no history together but he knows you!" He looked away.

"And the way you talk about him, I'm sure you guys had shits in the past and now I'm in it!" I yelled at his face.

"So, what did you do, Carson?" His eyes shot to me and his blue orbs darkened. A ringing sound echoed through the room.