Chapter 67

My eyes shot open immediately. It was just a bad dream, I turned to the clock on my side table and it was just past 2am.

I groaned and covered my face with the sheets, I couldn't go back to sleep now, so I sat up. Images of the dream flashed through my head.

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair, I got up and walked to my door, pulling it open I surveyed the hallway. Everyone was most definitely asleep.

I stared at Carson's door. I wasn't sure about this dude. I closed mine and slowly walked to it. I knocked twice and waited... If there wasn't a reply, I would have left but I heard clicking from the other side and the door was pulled open.

Carson stood there watching me, he didn't look one bit like he got dragged out of sleep.

"Are you-"

"I can't sleep" I cut him off and walked into the room. He closed the door and turned to me.

He hadn't been asleep... His laptop was on and laying on the bed. "You too?" I asked as he sat on the edge of the bed. He was just in a shirt and sweatpants.

I sat on the chair opposite him and drew my legs to my chest. I was in a sweatshirt and pants.

"I've been having this...dreams" I rocked myself back and forth on the chair. "... I keep recalling Jackson's death, it's literally stuck in my head."

He didn't reply but was sure as hell awake, I could see him through the dim lamp.

"I...i don't know what to do. I'm scared" I mumbled and I meant it. I was more than scared, I was terrified.

I've been through the worst shits in life and...there is no turning back now. It's just gonna be there forever.

"Sometimes I just stop wonder...what life would have been like if I didn't come here...if my dad didn't leave...if I knew who I really was.

A tear slipped out my eye and I wiped it off quickly. "I miss him, I'm so fucking tired of all this" I raked my hair. " it's so hard..." I laid my head over my knee and sobbed.

I felt his presence around me and so I looked up and saw him staring down at me. He helped me off the chair and I felt so little immediately...standing too close to him.

"I'm here" that alone put me right at peace. I fell into his arm and hugged him desperately. That's all I needed.

One motherfucking hug.

I felt rest assured he was here with me.

★★★

I felt ray of light shining directly on my face. I opened my eyes and wiped them, yawning. Looking around...this wasn't my room. It was Carson's.

I was on the bed with the sheets over my body. Holy shit! I could hear the inner me squealing. Bitch!

He was nowhere in sight. I got up and put on my footwear. It was already past 8am.

Gosh, I sleep like a damn log.

Immediately I stepped out of the room, there was Austin. Oh come on!

"Wow Charlotte, caught in the act" he gasped in fake astonishment. I wanted to reply but I heard another gasp. That was Calvin.

"Really Charlotte? Is this what you do?" He asked. "Shut it, where's Carson?" I asked.

"We should be asking you" Austin replied. "He prolly was busy all night" Calvin added and I shot him a look.

"No...shit"

"Who's was busy all...Charlotte, damn!" Jayson said walking out his room. I shot my eyes and sucked in a breath. "Where's Carson?"

"He left" he replied, sipping from the mug in his hand. "Is that coffee?" I asked, walking to him.