Chapter 26

“Breakfast is served” Finally, I moved away from the counter and walked into the dining. There was Austin with a red apron worn so wrong.

And a table cloth over the table. "Dude, what's up for breakfast?” Jayson appeared behind me. “Yeah, what's up?” the rest murmured.

“I spent hours deciding on what to make...” we all stared at him, waiting for him to finish. He didn't go on...

“And?” Cole barked.

“Bon appetite” he ripped the clothe off and we were staring at...

“Cereal?!”

... boxes of cereal. “Are you kidding me? You spent hours making boxes of cereal?” Mason lost it.

“I said I spent hours deciding on what to make and I settled with-” A shoe made way to him but lucky for him, he ducked.

“If only someone offered to help, oh wait! I did!” I yelled at his face. “I'm in charge, I choose who makes breakfast”

“I'm ordering pizza” Jayson said walking to a seat. I huffed and sat down too. Just another day in the Parker's house.

“Good morning family, did I hear breakfast is ready?” Chloe asked walking in and we all looked up.

Oh shit! She's being nice. We all slowly turned to Cole.

“Wait, breakfast is cereal?” We all pointed at Austin. “Look Chloe, I know-"

“No, it's cool. I wanted cereal for breakfast” she said, walking in fully.

Wow! Yesterday she was so mad, spoke to no one and locked herself in her room and now... she's nice.

Cole better book the next flight to Chicago.

“And you look stressed out, why don't you go have a nice relaxing bath or something?” she walked to him. “Finally, someone who understands” she nodded with a smile.

“I'm going” he took off the apron and just then, Carson walked in. He paused and looked. “I thought you said breakfast was served, dude”

“Cereal” he tapped him before walking out. “Fucker” he mumbled under his breath.

Carson's POV

I glanced at her, she already looking up at me, my phone beeped in my hand, it was a text from the guys.

I had to leave, typing a reply, I turned to leave. “Are you leaving?” I paused and turned back to Chloe. “Yeah, I'll be back” I ruffled her hair.

She smiled and sat back down before I walked out. They had shits to tell me, I grabbed my keys and hurried down the stairs, the car beeped and I got in.

Shoving the keys into the ignition and driving off. My phone began ringing, I answered. “Where are you?”

“On my way”

“We are in the safe house, be there in 10” I sighed and ended the call, another text popped, Jace wanted me to drop by at school.

For what reason exactly?

I took a left to school, arrived there after minutes, pulling up in driveway, there they were leaning by their cars. “What's this shit about?” I asked, getting out.

Zeke walked forward and handed me an envelope, I looked down at it. “We were told to give you this” I slowly opened it.

“From who?”

“Some hooded dude, he must have been the messenger” Jace replied, I pulled the note out but then paused. “Did any of you read this?” I asked in a deadly tone and they all mumbled a 'no'.