Chapter 29

A cold wind blew past my face, making my eyes flutter open. And I was staring at my open window, I sat up Immediately.

I swear, I closed that thing.

I got up and walked to it. “Charlotte!” I jumped, head shooting back to see Chloe. “Jeez relax. It's just me” she said, walking in. “What's wrong?”

“Uhh... nothing...” I rubbed my eyes tiredly. “Well, you acted really weird at the cinema yesterday”

“Oh, about that...” I moved away from the window. “...I had to finish up my plan for the...prank”

“Oh, so can I come?” she asked in excitement. “Chloe, we've talk about this” I said, walking out.

“Oh come on! We've both got one thing in common. Revenge! Sweet Revenge?” she rubbed her hands together evilly.

So, that's where I learnt that from?

“Cole isn't gonna know what's coming” she said more to herself than me. “Well on the other hand, it's Sunday that means sundae!” she yelled running out.

There was no work out this morning, guess everyone was tired from last night. Me to be precise.

I followed Chloe, got into the elevator and headed to the kitchen. The place actually smells like... pancakes.

I put my hair in a messy bun as I walked into the kitchen. And there was Austin in an apron. “Good morning family!” he said.

“Oh no, he's wearing an apron” Chloe said. “He's making breakfast, we are all gonna die” Cole said walking in.

“I'll play it safe with a coffee” Calvin added. “Well, I don't have murder in mind this morning. So, I'll let that slide. And you gotta admit, it smells amazing!” he said.

Chloe sniffed in more. “It actually smells good”

“The fact it smells good doesn't mean it tastes good” I crossed my hands over my chest, staring at the pile.

“Then go ahead” I looked up at Austin. “Taste it” I eyed him before taking a piece on a plate, I grabbed the cutleries and cut through the piece.

“You don't have to die like this, Charlotte” Cole said and shot him a look. I placed the piece in mouth and everyone stared at me as I chewed.

I waited for the downside, turns out... none came. It was actually good!

I took another piece. “Uhh... Charlotte, are you okay?” Chloe asked. “Of course, this taste amazing” I was about to taking another piece but Austin pulled the plate back.

“That's enough”

“Come on, Austin”i whined. “Y'all said I was tryna commit murder” He said, flipping some more pancakes. “Well, we could die of hunger” Calvin made a point.

“I don't care!” he said to our faces. “Hey, what's up?” Carson walked in. “Pancakes” was Austin's vagued reply.

He glanced at them and took a piece and decided to go for it. “Who made them?” Austin shot him a look.

“Me?”

He nodded taking another bite. “So, the boys are gonna pick up things for the party on Tuesday” he said to Carson.

“Party?” Carson blurted out my thoughts. “Yeah, on Tuesday”

“No one said nothing about a party” I spoke up but I got ignored. “Invited few friends and also the bitch from yesterday”

“Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm saying words” I said.

Carson's phone beeped and he looked down at it. “I gotta go, nice pancakes” he tapped his shoulder before leaving.