Chapter 74

I really didn't want to wake up to reality but I did and it had me staring at the ceiling for a while. I sighed and finally sat and looked around the room.

I sighed again and headed to the bathroom. I refused to drown myself in my own sadness, so I just went on washing my face, turned on my brush and did that.

I pulled my hair out the ponytail and had a bath and hopefully washing my hair this time.

I dried myself and did all my routine before changing into a baggy jean and a black sleeveless top and brown jacket and I tied a white scarf over my hair.

I grabbed my phone and headed outside and at the same time, there was Carson getting out of his room.

The meeting yesterday rang through my head. He was leaving again. I slowly walked to him, eyes down. "I'm sorry you're leaving"

He pulled me closer and I stared up at him. "I know what you wanna say but it's not your fault. You're an over thinker" I pouted.

But he was right but I also didn't want him to leave. "Come on" he grabbed my hand and we headed to the elevator. I smiled at the skin contact.

We got in and got out down stairs and headed to the kitchen. Mitchell froze with a bowl of fruits in her arm. "How are you guys awake?"

"Calm down, Mitch"

"Yeah, I was just hungry" Carson added, rubbing his stomach. "Don't mind him, he's barely decided" I replied, glaring at him.

"Well, I'm not done" I surveyed the whole table. "Mitchell, this is too much. This dicks won't eat anything" I made a point and she chuckled and walked out.

Carson pulled out a seat and sat down. "Why are you even up?"

I asked, grabbing a bottle of water from the table. He looked up at me and it took a while before he answered. "Last year was fucked up"

It's still hard to believe that all those shits was last year. "Mellisa got arrested" my eyes shot open immediately.

"What about... Jace and the rest?" I asked and didn't really expect a reply from him but I got one.

"They fleed the country" why didn't it surprise me? I sighed, dropping back the bottle after taking a gulp.

I grabbed both of his hands on the table. "I know what you're about to say...but it's not your fault" I used his words against him and he chuckled.

"It is" I smiled but couldn't argue with that. "How are you guys awake?" I looked up to see Austin, he just got out of bed, hair was still messy.

"Why is that a question and it could also apply to you" I pointed out, taking a seat. "I'm just hungry, all the meeting last night got me stressed out" he sat down, rubbing his eyes.

"No shit" Carson mumbled, pulling out his phone. "So dude, I guess you'll be meeting some hot London chicks" I rolled my eyes at what he said.

"It could be any other state in England" Carson replied, scrolling through his phone.

"It's no news Emma makes loud phone calls, I heard her. Have fun with your Dad" he tapped his shoulder and Carson scoffed.

"We should take the Jet ski for a spin" Austin suggested and I looked up. "It's winter"

"The more reason we should" He added and I rolled my eyes again. "Check out this new bar that opened downtown Brooklyn" he shoved his phone in Carson's face.

"Stop telling me about bars and clubs" he said. "Yeah!" I supported and Austin glared at me before going on to say. "You don't have to drink shits, just show up"