Chapter 9

Carson

He leaned by the wall staring at me, I couldn't move, I couldn't make out words. I was rooted at that spot.

“You smoke?” was the only word from my mouth. He looked away from me and took another drag of the cigarette.

“Get out of here” he said coldly.

I couldn't, I couldn't get out of here. I couldn't comprehend the shit that was happening.

“You smoke” this time I didn't ask, I confirmed. He glanced at me. “You know it's ironic, there you were giving me an advise, telling me who to be around but the person I should really abstain from is you”

He leaned away from the wall and took a step towards me. “Then what are you doing here?"

His blue eyes where a dark blue, he looked... drain.

“Does anyone know about this?” he smirked and took another drag out of the cigarette before walking back to his normal position.

“Get out of here, princess” he threw the burnt out cigarette and stepped on it before getting out another and a lighter.

“And mind your business” He lited it. It took everything in me to get back up on that stairs and hurry inside.

I didn't know when I began sprinting through the hallway. I stopped and tried to catch my breath.

I began pacing around, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't believe it, was this the many reason he acted this way?

I heard the bell ring and there was chattering from the students heading out of their classes.

I hurriedly followed the noise. I finally got into the hallway and headed to my locker. “Hey” Bianca was leaning on hers.

“Where were you?”

“Uhh...”

“How did your talk with Kennedy go?” I pulled open my locker. “Good”

“Are you okay?"

“Yeah of course”

“Great, 'cause here comes Mason” she winked at me before walking out. I spuned back around to him.

“Hey Char"

“Hey...” my throat was soar. “Are you okay?”

“Yes, sure, I am” he smiled. Does he know?

Does he know what Carson does? Do any of them know? What do I do with this information, do I tell anyone?

I couldn't, I couldn't do anything about it.

Why do I even care about...“Charlotte” my eyes shot to Mason.

Oh shit, he was talking?

“What's up?'” I tried to play it cool like I didn't just zone out here. “I wanted to walk you to class”

“Of course” I grabbed my book and we headed out.

***
At this moment I was angry, I can't believe he had the guts to come advise me.

He was indeed a piece of shit, he was worster than I thought.

Speak of the devil and he appeared and that's exactly what happened in this scenario. He walked in with his group of friends.

He was all changed into a black tracksuit and in his grey hair was my red hair pin.

He had a hand in his pocket, glancing at me, a smirk peaked at his lips and I looked away Immediately.

He took his normal spot at the back and as usual girls began fawning over him.

One particular bitch leaned on his desk probably giving him an exclusive view of her boobs.

Why do I care?

If only they knew he was a piece of shit.

She giggled and tried to reach for his hair but he held her hand. They exchanged few words and she giggled again.

Where the fuck is the teacher?

I looked back on my book, I didn't care on what he did anymore.

I don't even care if he smokes. It's not my cancer stick.

***
School was over and I was thankful

I got down the stairs slowly, one hand holding my bag in place. I looked forward, searching for anyone I knew and then I found Mason by his car.

“Red” A voice stopped me, I turned around and there was Jackson, he had a big smile on his lips. His curly hair all pulled back in a bun.

That's cute.

“Hey"

“I see you're leaving” I nodded glancing back at Mason, he hadn't seen me yet. “I was hoping we could hang out”

Oh my gosh...is this a date?

“Oh...” was my stupid ass reply. “What do you think?” I wasn't mentally stable for any outing right now.

“Today is...”

“I know, a bad time. What if I pick you up tomorrow after school” Hell naw! If he steps his feet in the Parker's surrounding, there would be a homicide.

“No”

“I understand if you don't wanna...”

“No, I do. I think it's sweet you wanna hang out with me” He grinned. “How about after school tomorrow, we would leave from school”

“I like that” he said and I smiled.

“Great"

“It's a date” he stated and I looked down with a shy smile. “Okay then, Jackson”

“Bye Red” I watched him leave with that silly smile still plastered on my lips but it got washed away when I saw Mason staring at me.

***

For some reason, our ride back home was quiet. Maybe he wasn't in the mood to talk but I could see his hand tighten over the starring wheel every now and then.

He pulled up in front of the entrance, I sighed and grabbed my bag and just as I was about stepping out he asked. “How do you know Jackson?”

I paused and turned to him. “We have few classes together, so...” he looked up at me and I felt like I had more to say.

“He's just a friend” I didn't even know why I was reassuring him but he wasn't convinced. “He's a nice guy”

“I just want you to be careful, okay?” he said and I smiled. “Of course, now common” He pulled out a smile and we both got out of the car and headed in.

Just as we threw the door open, he stopped abruptly. “Oh shit, we haven't picked up Chloe” I stopped too, my eyes shot open.

“Shit, she's gonna-”

“Save your tears, I'm here” she said walking in and we stared at her wondering how she got home.

“I've got other brothers, you know” she fell back on the couch and Mason lets out a sigh while I laughed.

A/N: Thoughts on the book? Can Jackson be trusted? What about Carson?

Xoxopearl🖤