Chapter 80

My phone beeped and I held the other shopping bags with my left hand. "Who's that?" Harley asked as we exited the mall.

"It's Emma. She's checking up on us"

"That's sweet" Bianca said, getting the door open. I replied the text and got into the vehicle.

I and the girls went shopping for my birthday, I know we should be getting ready for the party tomorrow but everything was already in place.

I was   in a purple sweatshirt jump suit and a black Nike canvas. Harley wore a satin strapless dress with knee high boots. While Bianca wore a denim overall.

I was driving, yeah Harley let me. "I'm hungry" Bianca groaned from the back.

"Me too" Harley agreed, rubbing her stomach lightly. "Then let's hit 'Choppers' for lunch" I announced

"Yes, Choppers! Choppers!" They sang out loud as I pulled out of the parking lot.

★★★

"Finally!" Bianca said, rubbing her hands and ready to dig into the meal. Poor thing.

"And here is yours" The waiter said, dropping my taco salad in front of me."Thanks " I said, smiling at me.

"Wow, we've got a lot of people gamed for the party, some people are ready to ditch their vacations to come" Harley said, scrolling through her phone.

"That's nice, it's gonna be the best/welfare/ pre-birthday party ever!" Bianca said.

I smiled at that thought. "I hope Carson loves it"

"Are you kidding?" This is like the best idea ever!" Harley insisted and I laughed and we returned back to our meals.

"Oh my gosh! You wouldn't believe who just walked in here" immediately Bianca said that, we both swung our heads back.

We saw Hailey walk in with few girls behind her, she was in a mini black dress. She leaned on the counter and talked to a lady.

"Wow, it's been...long" I said. "Yeah, it's really surprising seeing her alive" Harley said and I laughed.

Then an idea popped into my head. "You know what?" They both turned to me. "I'm gonna talk to her, in fact I'm inviting her to the party"

"What?! Charlotte, what are" I got up and headed to her, it's been really long since I saw a face filled with lots of makeup.

I have gotten over my beef with Mason, so why not her? "Hey Hailey!" A shock look crossed her face once she saw me.

She moved away from the counter, the girls behind shot me a confused look. "Hey...Charlotte" she replied unsurely, looking me up down.

I still kept my smile on. "It's so nice to see you again"

"Yeah"

"Well, I'm having a little get together for my birthday, like a pre-birthday party. I wanna see you there" her eyes lit up. "A party?"

"Yeah, at the Parker's house. You're specially invited" her face still held that confused look.

"The party's tomorrow. It starts by 8pm, I really hope to see you there" she shot me an uneasy smile.

"Uhh..." She looked down. "... I know we've had some beef in the past and-"

"Hailey" she paused and looked up at me. "We're cool" I shot her another smile before walking back to our table.

The girls were still giving me that 'What the fuck?' look. "What? It's called reconciling" I said, getting back to my food.

★★★