Chapter 42

It's been 2 weeks since after the incident with Carson. He have been staying home most of the times, Emma couldn't handle the constant misbehaviour.

It's Friday morning, I got down the stairs and saw Mason in a call. “Yeah...yeah” he saw me.

“Let's talk later” he ended the call. “Hey” he rubbed his neck lightly while I jumped down the last step.

“What's up?” I asked. “Nothing but you gotta take a ride with the guys. I've got something to-”

“Oh, it's okay. It must be important” he shot me a smile and nodded. “Thanks for understanding” I smiled.

“Well, I gotta go get ready...” he walked past me and headed to the stairs, just like that?

Okay. He was acting pretty weird today.

I walked out the house. Today I wore a blue boyfriend Jean, and the black hoodie I stole from Carson, it was really big and cosy, covered my hands and black glove.

My hair was made wavy today. I pushed it all back as I got down the stairs. “That's the last” Carson said.

“One more...” Chloe whined, she was standing on the hood of his new car while he took pictures.

“There, now get down” he took her down and she still whined.

He was right when he said he didn't need his dad. He did get cut off but managed to make money moves. Just last week, he got a new tattoo behind his ear.

He's been getting new shits for himself just to lay emphasis on how much he didn't need his dad. Austin on the other hand, doesn't go out anymore.

He hates it when it snows, something about a childhood trauma. So, he have been staying indoors.

Where was I and Carson in all this?

No where, we failed the project, we don't talk or cross paths, it got worst after the news of me and Mason being together.

He said nothing after the incident, I only wondered why he called me. I let out a cold sigh, looking around for someone to take me to school.

Maybe I could drive myself.

★★★

The Spanish teacher glared as she placed my sheets on the table, I picked it up Immediately. And my eyes shot to the B beside.

“A B?” I said out loud and she turned to me. “Concentration matters too, you know” she said and before I could reply.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the class. I huffed and grabbed my bag, heading out. Bianca was by the door waiting for me. “You got a B?” she grabbed my slip.

“I know I suck”

“You did well!” I shot her a look. “Only you would say that”

“I got a D” she showed me her slip and I sighed. “Well, I need straight As, I need my record to be perfect”

“Oh please, you're good at Spanish even though I haven't heard you speak for a day” I shook my head, grabbing my slip from her.

“Hey, I didn't see Mason in class”

“Yeah, he isn't at school today. Something came up, I've texted him but no reply, hope he's okay” she grinned.

“Of course, he's fine”

We stopped out our locker. “Well, I'm having Economics, maybe I might finally get an F”

“You mean we, I'm transferring in!” she exclaimed and my eyes shot to her. “Phase one check”