Chapter 22

I buckled my black boot, kicking my feet off the chair and turning to the mirror. I checked out my outfit for today. I wore a black boyfriend Jean and a sleeveless crop top with the denim jacket in my hand.

My hair in two bun, few curly strand in my face, I grabbed my bag and headed out. Since I was going with Mason, I walked straight to his room.

Just as I was about pushing the door open, I stopped. It was slightly open and I heard Mason's voice.

He seemed to be in a phone call, he paced back and forth with a smile on his lips. “I know but...when?”

I shouldn't be eavesdropping, this felt wrong but, I can't help it.

“Just two weeks, give me that at least” he then chuckled. “You could if you want...I do” he then stood at a place.

“Yeah...” he grinned, raking his hair. “I miss you too...” I moved away, was this his girlfriend?

What am I thinking? I headed to the elevator and got out. Walking into the kitchen, there was Chloe eating a pie. “Hey Lottie! Join me”

I couldn't help but grab a spoon and fork so. But then an idea popped into my head, I could get any thing from Chloe.

I mean she was the one who said he had a girlfriend.

“Umm... Chloe” she looked up. “What's up?”

“Just a little question, nothing personal or anything” she waited for me to ask the question.

“Does Mason have a girlfriend?" I hit the nail in the head. I watched her expression closely for a slip up and she gave it all away.

“Umm...” she leaned away from the pie. “What's wrong?” I asked. “Uhh...” she shoved a huge chunk of the pie into her mouth, I shot her a deadpanned look.

“I know you did that on purpose”

“Gotta go” she ran off. Snitch that can't snitch.  I shook my head and walked to the fridge, pulling it open I pulled out a bottle of water.

I froze, the bottle few meters away from my mouth. Carson was at the door and his eyes were dead set on me. His hand deep inside his pocket, with a blue beanie on his head.

I went on drinking from the bottle, dropping it back on the table, just as I was about walking out.

“Why didn't you tell me Jackson stalked you yesterday” I let out a sigh. “Why should I?”

“Why did you fucking keep it away from me?” he asked. “Because I don't see the reason why I should have told you” I replied.

“Are you shitting me right now?”

“And whose fault is that?” I shot back to him. “Do you even know what you're doing? He could fucking do anything, I'm trying help”

“Tryna help? If anything, you got me into this shit in the first place” I yelled and he stared at me in disbelief.

“For crying out loud, Carson. Just let me be! Any atom of emotion you have in you, please...let me be!” I yelled at his face and he took a step back and nodded.

★★★

“So, since I'm back to being single, I'm back to the app and this time I'm focusing on flings and shits” Bianca said. “So, I found this guy, We're supposed to meet up today”

Here I was, heading to the next class with my bestie going on and on about the new love she found.

Can I even call it that?