Chapter 45

Letting out another sigh, I turned to the window and stared as the snow fell down lightly. Today I wore a black baggy jean, tight long sleeve top and a bumper jacket.

The bell rang, signalling the end of class. Bianca wasn't on this one with me, I packed my books and headed out with everyone else.

“Hey Charlotte!” I turned back around to see Luana waving obsessively at me, she managed to fiddle past the crowd and get to me.

“Hey Luana” I continued walking down the hall and she followed. “What's up?”

“Nothing, I just wanna thank you guys for letting me join the charity group” oh, so Bianca agreed.

Like she had a choice.

“Oh, it's no problem” I said and she smiled. “Where's Bianca?”

“At her locker, I gotta go, Luana. Thanks again” I shot her a smile before walking out. I arrived at our locker and Bianca wasn't there.

I sighed and pulled open mine, I placed my books in and took my history notes, I shut it close. The bell rang, so I began heading to the next class.

The news about I and Mason was the main topic on the school's blog, I thought the website was made to share important information.

It was said I got dumped after Hailey came back, I was used for the time being and some other shits. People glanced at me and whispered amongst themselves.

I looked away and focused on where I was headed. “Oh, if it isn't the gold digger” I stopped at once.

There they were, the M-DEVILS and their new member. Hailey. She was new to me but she was literally the leader of these meanies.

She stopped right in front of me and I stood frozen. With her this close I could point out those little features.

She had dim brown eyes, and long blonde hair. She was in a mini plaided skirt and long knee high boots and a black top.

She was pretty.

But wasn't it too early to start with bitches? I tried to corner her but she blocked my way again. “Hey Charlotte. Where are you going? We just got here” she said with a pathetic smile.

Taking my silence as a response. “Well, a lot of shits about you have been going round...of how you stole my boyfriend” my jaw hardened.

All attention was now on us, no one saw it fit to go to class. “Weren't you like told?” she asked taking a step closer.

“I tried but she was way too in love” Melissa said in a sing song voice and she laughed. “Love? That's crazy” she then looked back at me.

“Well, I'm back now. Thanks for keeping the seat warm, more like his bed” my heart banged in my chest.

“You know what I don't get is...how...or...why trash like you would have a chance... with them” I looked down.

“You actually think the cool kid found something special in you and decided to give you a chance? Well, wake up sweetie! Wake up from that day dream!” she yelled.

I was wrong, she's worst than Melissa. “Not because you stay with them...makes you part of them”

“Hailey stop” I whispered.  “News flash, Charlotte. You aren't! You are just some chick they are trying to give life!”

I hated myself, I hated myself for standing here. For doing nothing, for listening to her. I had gotten numb to the point that these words...

...we're just words.