Chapter 25

“Yeah, I hope y'all had fun on your date” I said sarcastically as I stepped outside. “I said I was sorry” Bianca said and I rolled my eyes.

I didn't tell her the shit that really happened yesterday.

“I gotta go”

“Are you still mad at me?”

“Yes and... I'm outside already, so bye” I ended the call and looked up the guys. It was Sunday morning... again.

“We are doing in line skate!” Austin announced. “Why don't we do something we all can do for once?”

“This is for taking my keys”

“You ditched me” I reminded and Carson glanced at me, sitting on the stairs leading to the porch.

My other problem...who in line skates? How do you balance on that shit? I could deal with roller skates but not that shit.

Cole and Calvin got out and the boys chatted away, they were playing it safe with a bicycle, while the risk takers like Austin and Jayson went in line skating.

I couldn't find Mason.

I stared at Carson before heading down the stairs. “I don't need you to keep me safe” I said and he looked up from his phone.

“I wasn't offering” No shit.

I grabbed the skating shoe. I do all this shit to learn and I know I would get hurt.

But... what's the fun in not trying?

I tried standing up...as I said tried, I just remained squatted on the floor. “Why do you like getting hurt?” I heard him say, he was standing in front of me, I looked up at him.

“And why do you care?”

I got pulled up from the floor and I actually began moving, I looked down at my shaky legs and then back at him. “You can do nothing without me, can you?”

“I didn't ask for your help” he let go off me but I yelped and fell back in his arm. He shot me a deadpanned look and I mumbled under my breath.

It took minutes and I was getting a hang of this and it got me wondering, why was he helping me? I literally warned him strictly to stay away but...

He wasn't and was I complaining?

I wasn't... it's just so weird of him.

I mean, he's a certified weirdo and this was out of his...weird to do list.

“I'm actually skating, you could let me-” he did before I could finished the statement and I staggered and was definitely gonna land on the floor but I wrapped my hand around him and held on tight.

I hated floors, I hated falling. Who loved falling?

That's why I clinged to him for life and I felt him stiffen. My head was over his chest and there was silent, the only thing I heard was his...

Heart beat

It was weird and...slow.

“Why is your heart beating so slow?” he moved back immediately and I landed on the floor... eventually.

“What the fuck?!” someone yelled from behind, it was Mason. He hurried to me and I looked up at Carson, he stared at me with no emotion on his face, moving backwards.

“What the fuck was that?” Mason asked, squatting down before me, I hurt my knee a little. He went back into the house. “Are you okay?”

“I'm fine” I removed the shoes without meeting his eyes. He lets out a sigh“Have you been ignoring me?” he tilted my chin up and I couldn't lie.