Chapter 65

"You sure you have nothing to say, Charlotte?" Evie asked. "Yeah, can I go now?" She stared at me before letting out a sigh.

Weeks past and I had a therapist. She was here to cure my 'trauma' as Emma would put it. I didn't need one, neither did Carson. We were just never gonna say anything.

Yes, I couldn't still place the fact that Jackson was gone. Carson's friends got expelled and the principal got called out...by Emma. He got reported.

I told her everything that happened at detention, of course, leaving out important details. Evie leaned on the desk.

"Charlotte, you know this is a safe space!?" she asked. "Yep" I got up and headed out.

I walked down the stairs and went to the kitchen for a bottle of water, my phone beeped and I pulled it out my back pocket.

Bianca sent a pic of the dresses , she and Harley was shopping for, for the winter formal dance.

My hair was in two bun and I wore a light brown baggy jean and a black turtle neck top. I walked into the living room while replying the text.

There was the guys playing video games, barely noticing my presence. "Hey guys, I wanna play" I called out and they immediately stopped and turned to me.

"Yes, I win again! "Jayson yelled in victory. "Is she talking to us?" Austin asked Carson. "Apparently" he replied.

"Move over, dickwads!" I sat between them. They were all in front of the huge screen. "We are gonna  let her play?" Jayson asked.

"She's aggressive" Carson said, shooting me a sly smile.

I grabbed the console from him. "So, how do I play?" I asked.

Minutes later

"This is bullshit" I threw the console on the table in defeat. "That's sore looser talk" I smacked Jayson.

He won again and the boys cursed him. "New game, loosers are gonna pay all bills at the restaurant" Mason said and I sat up. "Yes, finally dinner!" Chloe yelled.

"You're on"

Later later

I couldn't still believe I was still in the game with the likes of Carson, the cheat, Austin, who wouldn't stop cursing and Mason...wait! He's in the game?

Jayson got out fast. Mason and Austin lost and I was left to this motherfucker. "Crush her! Make her pay for dinner"

"We all are paying for dinner" Mason reminded. "It's fun putting it all on, Charlotte"

I rolled my eyes and focused on the game. "Fuck! Would you just let me win?" I really wanted free dinner.

"Okay" he dropped the console. "Dude! " Austin exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh! I fucking won! " I yelled, jumping on the couch, wanting to start my victory dance. "He let you win" Austin said, smacking Carson who chuckled.

"I don't care who lost, I'm grabbing my jacket" Chloe said,  jumping down the couch.

★★★

"Yeah, the white one is cute, but the black one is hot. God dammit!" I said to Bianca as I headed out the building.

"I know right, that's definitely my final choice for the party. So, what're you up to this evening?" She asked from over the phone.

"Uhh, we're going out for dinner, I won  a game"

"You won a game or you were let to win?" I glared, she was lucky she couldn't see me. "Either ways I'm getting free dinner"

I headed towards the car, Carson leaned by it.