Chapter 16

I hurried down the stairs and headed to the parking lot. School was over and Bianca ditched me again.

I spotted Calvin by Jayson's car, I walked to him. “Hey” he looked up from his phone. “Hey Charlotte”

I looked around. “Where are the others?"

“Well, Cole gotta be... trying his luck with Tessa” My eyes shot back to him. “How do you know her?” He shot me a deadpanned look.

“I'm his twin...plus, he talks in his sleep” I chuckled. “Jayson, maybe tryna sort out Harley birthday present, Mason practice, Carson...I have no idea”

I sighed. “I'll go look for him” I walked out and headed to where I know he parks his car often. My phone beeped, a message from Bianca.

Just as I was about replying, someone shoved me so hard out of the way that I stumbled to the floor.

Fuck! I looked up to see a hooded figure, joining the crowd of students. What the fuck?

I reached out to pick my phone but something stopped me, a note laying right beside. I picked it up and in a creepy font it read. Hello Red.

My breath hitched immediately and I looked up to the direction the figure went to. He was gone.

Was this...

Someone grabbed my arm and I yelled, looking up it was Carson, I grabbed my phone and got back up. He noticed I was literally shaking and he grabbed the note from me and red through.

“Who gave this to you?”

“I...I don't know, it was just...” I pulled my hair in frustration, he looked around, jaw hardening.

“It's Jackson, isn't it?" He didn't meet my eyes and just crumpled the paper. “Carson!” He glanced at me. “Common” He grabbed hold of my hand.

“No, answer me!” I retrieved my hand.

“Do not cause a scene here!” He warned coldly. “A scene? There is already a scene here, I'm being haunted!” I yelled.

“Charlotte”

“You know exactly who that is, gosh! How did I get involved in this!” I pulled my hair. “What does he want from me? What did you do to him”

“Enough!” He cut me off, I shook my head and walked out. I didn't know where, anywhere but around him was good.

Good for my sanity and peace of mind.

★★★

I stared at Mason as he made another hoop, he finally caught me staring, he caught the ball as it fell down the basket and walked to me with a smile.

With him I felt peace, calmness and that's really all I asked.

“How long have you been there?”

“Since you made your first shot” He grinned. “Wanna play?"

“Hmm, I'm really not a-”

He threw the ball into my hand and shot me a daring look. “Oh, so that's how we're doing it now”

I didn't know shits about basketball.

“You scared?” He asked

Now I had to play.

I smirked and tried bouncing the ball but it bounced all the way out of my hand, I stood there and watch him catch it and make another shot. “Show off” I mumbled and he grinned. “Jealous?”

The game began, my problem was I was way to short to make a throw into the basket, it flew right over me.

Half an hour later

We chuckled as we laid on the basketball court, watching the sun set. “You need more practice”

“Shut up” He laughed.

“Let's play a game, 20 questions” I suggested. “Start first” I leaned on my elbow and stared at him. “Favourite colour” He asked.

And I smiled, falling back. “You know that, Green”He nodded. “What's something you'd never do again?” I asked.

“Hmm, never playing basketball with Austin” I laughed. “Why?”

“Dude is so reckless. First pet?” He asked. “A rabbit, I named it fuzzy” He turned to me and stared at my side. “Past relationships?” I asked.

“I've dated twice” I turned and our eyes locked up. “What happened?” I asked. “She left, you?"

“I left” I replied, not looking away from his penetrating brown eyes. “I love your eyes” He said and I could feel my cheeks heat up.

I looked down with a smile but he lifted my chin up. “They are magnificent”

“Thanks-”

“There you guys are!” Someone yelled and I fell back on the floor, hitting my head hard. “Shit! Are you okay?” Mason asked, helping me up.

“Yeah...” I rubbed my head. It was freaking Chloe.

“Did I ruin something?” She asked, in her hand was a leach holding the multi colored dog in place.

Yeah, you did!

“What do you want, Chloe?” Mason asked. “Do you know how hard it is going round this house?"

My eyes diverted to a shirtless Mason, I couldn't help but ogle at his body and not getting a shit Chloe said or the reason why she was here.

“Charlotte” She drew back my attention. I turned to her. “We'lk be in” Mason replied. “Common...” he straight out his hand to me and I took it with a smile.

“Hello, I'm still freaking here” Chloe called out to us. “Fuck off” she huffed. “Coming Jayden” She said, pulling the dog along as she left.

We finally got back to the house. There was Carson heading out, he glanced at us and picked up his key from the table. “Hey” He stopped and turned back around to see his mom.

He sighs. “I'll be back early”

“How? It's already late” she crossed her hand over her chest. “Make the time right and I'll be back” he headed to the door.

“Well, Austin called, he'll be back Saturday”

“I know” he slammed the door close. “Chloe, get that beast out” She said. “No!”

Parkers.

A/N: Not edited, what do you think about the note? What about the new ship sailing? Charlotte and Mason.

Xoxopearl🖤