Chapter 43

I got down the stairs all in a grey short and an orange top, my hair in a messy bun. I surveyed the living room, it was empty.

So, I headed to the next best place. The kitchen.

"Morning Mitchell" she looked up from what she was doing. "Charlotte..." she sounded surprised to see me, guess they all heard the news.

"Having a good morning?" she asked as I settled down on the stool opposite her. "Never been better"

Weird answer right?

This morning I was laying in bed feeling all sad and down and then I asked myself if I really wanted to stay that way... forever?

And my answer was definitely a no, plus I drowned all my sadness in alcohol yesterday. I could barely remember what happened last night...

But I knew it ended with Carson.

"Pancakes?" she asked. "Yeah, I'm surprisingly hungry" she chuckled and I got up to head to the dinning but just then Calvin walked in. "Hey" he said unsurely.

"What's up?"

"I heard breakfast was ready" he replied. "Me too" I headed to the dinning to the variety of foods. I sighed and took a sit at the end.

My phone beeped and I checked the message out, it was from Bianca. I placed pancakes in my plates and poured lots of syrups.

"Ooh..." I looked over my shoulder to see Calvin, I grinned picking up my cutleries to dig in. "Now you're gonna make me eat pancakes" he said and I laughed and took a bite.

My phone beeped again, I sighed and decided to answer, this time it wasn't from Bianca but Harley.

She was tryna check up on me.

"Charlotte..." I looked up at Calvin. "I'm sorry about the shit with Mason" I sighed, placing back my phone.

"Do not apologize, it's no one's fault..." I poured the orange drink into my glass and took a sip.

Placing it down, I took in his expression. "I appreciate you coming to apologise, it did make me feel better" he smiled and nodded.

After breakfast, no one else showed up, so I headed back upstairs to take a nap or something. Half way there, Bianca called, I sighed and answered.

I was ready for the worst.

"Charlotte? Charlotte!" I hummed in response. "Are you okay? Mason is a dick, a scumbag! An asshat! We all thought he broke up with Hailey and that's why she left! But he hasn't! Shit, I hate myself for shipping, infact I'm coming over to give him a piece of my mind and-"

"No B, that isn't necessary" I cut her off. "But I'm still coming over, I'm do disappointed in him! Aarrg! To think he was the dick!" I had to move the phone from my ear a little.

"Oh... okay B, we'll talk later" I said with a smile on my lips before ending the call.

It's the aggression for me!

I sighed and continued up the stairs. I haven't met him since I came back, I didn't know how I will react if I did. I arrived at the hallway and walked to my room but paused...

I turned to the door opposite. Carson's room.

I haven't talked to him since. So, I made a move. He did get me back home safely, even though I can't remember shits that happened.

I wanted to knock but the door was slightly open, so I slid in and not even taking few steps, I knocked down something and the lights went on.

"You gotta be kidding" Carson said from the bed. I knocked down his lamp "Yeah, now you turn on the lights" I retorted walking into the room.