Chapter 91

"Oh, you guys are down" Harley said turning to the guys. My eyes locked up with Carson's. After last night, we haven't talked, I wasn't down for that yet.

I looked away and continued plastering the white face mask on my face. "Wait, it works?" Jayson asked, grabbing the lotion from Harley.

"Yeah, I told you I know a guy"

"For the first time I'm grateful" he replied. Yeah, the lotion got the green stuff off and now I just want my face back.

"It burns but its effective, so... How's the Chloe's prank coming up?"

"Wait for it" there was a high pitch scream from the stairs, we play turned while the guys laughed.

She stomped down the stairs, dragging down a bag of burnt toys, she was in rage. "What did you guys do?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"We thought about mailing it away but that's a lot of paper work" Carson replied. "Yeah, best 3 hours of my life " Austin added and she immediately screamed and ran to him.

Jumped over his back and pulled his neck back. "What the heck?! What's wrong with you?" Austin yelled.

"How dare you guys -"

"It's payback!" I cut in and her head snapped to my direction. "You were in on this too?"

"Of course! My face burns all because of your stupid prank!" I lashed and that took her aback. "Do you have any idea what this could lead to-"

"A prankwar, I've heard" I replied and she nodded before taking few steps back and running upstairs.

"Are you seriously filming right now?" Carson asked and our eyes shot to Cole. "Okay before you guys eat me alive, hear me out" he dropped the camera.

"What's with you and filming everything?" Jayson asked. "They wanted more"

"Who?" I asked. "Okay, you guys need to check this out" he got out his phone and just then Bianca hurried in with her laptop. "Y'all need to see this"

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"I've been sneaking around town but that's not what I'm here for. We are going viral!" She said, placing her laptop on the table.

"What's with the cheap junk?" Austin asked. "What's with your face?" She asked back and we laughed before sitting beside her.

"Somehow a video of planning to kill Chloe surfaced on line"

"Kill Chloe?"

"How? Who filmed..." We all paused and turned to Cole. "How could you do this, I looked horrible yesterday?!" Harley yelled and we all shot her a look.

"Uhh...I mean we all looked horrible " she corrected and Bianca played the video. "10 million views in less than 24 hours, check out the comments "

I huffed in disbelief as I read through. "For some reason, they... like it"

"Guys, I have a business idea" Cole came forward and we looked up at him. "No" Austin stated.

"What? Look at the views, they want more of us, we need to strike while the iron is still hot"

"I don't know how to put this in a language you'll understand, Cole. We are green!" I scream. "That's one of the many reasons we had that much engagement "

"We don't do show business" Jayson stated. "You guys...hear me out..."

Moments later

"The internet can be crazy, what's mesmerizing about this shit?" Mason asked. "They'll get over it" I replied.

"Not soon though, Cole dropped another video this morning " Harley said. "What is wrong with you?" Carson asked.

"You guys haven't heard my full business proposal" he replied and I rolled my eyes. "I wonder why Chloe refused lunch at 'The Diner'" I said.

"You wonder?" Calvin shot me a knowing look.

"Okay, I did nothing wrong to her, I just set the fact straight " I defended. "Setting the fact straight is already doing something wrong to Chloe" Austin pointed out and everyone nodded.

Really? I did get on her bad side, I better watch my back, we all that kid. Letting out a sigh, I looked up to see those blue orbs staring straight at me.

He sat right opposite me, we still haven't talked. And I was ready to have it...like now. Did I want to pursue this with him? Yes, have you all forgotten what I said at the clock tower?

I didn't wait for 2 months for him to come back being friends with me. I wanted more, why wouldn't he make a move?

***

I knocked on the door and waited for a while, just as I reached to knock again, the door got pulled open and I paused.

There he stood just in grey sweatpants, I held myself from looking at anything below his neck. "Can I come in?" I asked and a little smirk made way to his lips.

"Since when do you knock?" He asked and I looked away and smiled. He opened the door wider and I walked in, he had his laptop on his bed.

He must have been busy.

I turned back and immediately choked on my words as my eyes went down. "Uhh...you must be working...on ... some -"

"I'm not" he said,  going to take a sit at the edge of the bed. My eyes not seeming to leave his body. "If you are, I could just-"

He straight out his hand to me, I sighed and walked forward, he grabbed my hand and pulled me forward to him. "I'm sorry about last night" he said.

I couldn't help but stare, why was he apologizing when he could just ask me out right now?

"What's really holding you back?" I whispered as those blue eyes bore holes into mine. He shook his head, "there is no specific time for anything. Just like when you'll wanna propose to who ever you'll end up marrying, if you keep on waiting for the perfect time, you'll never do it"

He shot me a confused look. "propose?"

"Yeah, to your future wife, who ever she turns out to be"

"Who ever she turns out to be?" He asked back. "No one knows who she might be, it could be anyone but who ever she turns out to be-"

"What are you saying?"

"What?"

"Who ever she turns out to be? What do you mean by that?" I was confused by the questions. "Getting into a relationship with you isn't gonna end tomorrow? So, I meet this girl and falls in love-"

"She could be-"

"Why can't she be you?" He asked and I paused and stared, he wasn't joking around, his eyes were as serious as ever.

"One thing is for sure, I know who she is. I just need time"