Chapter 33

I walked down the stairs, all in grey camo pants and a little white cropped top. I threw my black bag over my shoulder and stopped at the living room.

It was all cleared up but not by us . But I still felt bad. I headed to the kitchen.

After the argument between Carson and his dad, he left and hasn't been back. "Hey Charlotte" Mitchell called out to me and I forced out a smile, sitting on the stool.

"Hey Mitch"

"How was the week without parents?"

"We screwed up" was my response. "Are you hungry, I already made-"

"No" I got down the stool. "i gotta go" I left and headed outside, there was few people trying to get the trash out the pools.

I shook my head and got down the porch, we did screw up. I headed to the driveway and stopped. Who was gonna take me to school now?

"Need a ride?" I turned to see Mason. We hadn't really talked since after the prank on Monday, I fiddled with my fingers mumbling. "Yes"

Like I had a choice.

We walked to his car, he pulled the door to the passengers seat but instead I took the back. "Thanks" I said, slamming the door close.

He got into the driver's seat and we hit the road. "Charlotte, I know you're still mad about that Melissa's shit"

I ignored him and looked out the window. I hated myself this morning, I hated myself for disappointing Emma.

It made me wonder if she regrets bringing me here. It made me have lots of thoughts.

It took few minutes and we arrived at school. He pulled up at the parking lot, I got out swinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Charlotte wait" he held me back and I sighed. "I'm sorry about Monday" I stared into his brown eyes.

"It's not about you being sorry, Mason. I feel blamed for lots of shits I didn't do or the ones I didn't mean to do, It all sucks"

"I understand"

"No you don't" I moved away from him. "I gotta go-"

"Hold on" he stood in front of me and I sighed, raking my hair. "I really am sorry, I was being a dick"

All this he was saying wasn't on my mind. His brother left home since last night. Where the fuck is he?

I stared at him. "I gotta go to class" I cornered him and walked out. Getting into the double doors. "Hey Char!"

I glanced behind me and headed for my locker. "Hey" I said dully to Bianca. I yanked it open. "With your tone, things didn't end  well last night" she said.

"Didn't you see Carson walk out that door and not looking back" I shoved my bag in. "Yeah, I did. Wait, he isn't back?"

"Austin tried calling him but he didn't pick up. And the parents barely give a fuck" I replied.

"This is bad. Have you tried calling him?" she asked and I slowly turned to her. "Oh yeah sure, I did and he answered" I answered sarcastically.

"Have you tried? The shit between you guys happened like a month ago"

"It was last Friday"

"Who cares? You said no one is making an effort, you're one of them and you know, you should feel guilty" I shot her a confused look.

"Why is that?"

"Carson had no freaking hand in that prank, I heard it from one of Melissa's minions in the bathroom. He was tryna help and obviously they aren't dating" I stood there frozen staring at her.