Chapter 73

The big old meeting came alright. But it wasn't like any meeting I've been in. Ironic because I haven't been in much.

Cole, Calvin and Chloe made the right choice by not being here, I stayed because this meeting had my name boldly written on it.

The house has never been this quiet. Mr Parker was the only one speaking. Yeah, he was indeed back and wasn't happy. Emma too.

I was sitting beside Carson, Austin and Mason were opposite us, I think Austin was sleeping. Jayson on the other side was quiet, staring at his dad. I've never seen them this tamed.

"And how do you explain all this that has happened?" Mr Parker directed the question to Carson, he looked up at him lazily.

"That deserves an answer" he added coldly. "If I did give one, what difference would it make?" Carson asked, speaking up for the first time.

My eyes shot to him. Poor choice of words in this situation, Carson!

"It would make no difference" he sat up, his dad's looks hardened. "If I said I was sorry, which I'm not. If I did explain myself and pleaded, you would do the same thing. You'd punish me, you'd send me away"

"Stop" I whisper yelled at him. "So, let's cut the chase, just go ahead and punish me. I've got no explanation"

"Carson stop"

"Why? It's not new that I'm the 'bad egg' in this fucked up family" he air quoted.

"Sending  me away will make you guys feel better, prolly make you guys feel like 'parents'"he was rather calm saying all this.

I knew where he was coming from, this is what he meant when he said they were a lot and everyone is tryna be the best, he could only be the best at being bad...at being a disappointment.

I slowly looked back at Mr Parker. "You're right, no need to explain any thing. You're leaving to England with me" he announced.

"No!" I spoke up. "Great" Carson got up and walked out. "That's not necessary" Jayson said to his Dad.

He only glanced at all of us before leaving too. That was my biggest nightmare and...it was coming true.

He was gonna leave.

My head fell into my hand in exasperation. I just got him back and now he was gonna leave again?

Fuck!