Chapter 5

“Y'all got me wrong, okay? I had to show up at the game at Soho, I'm the team captain. I didn't mean to ditch her” We all were giving him deadpanned looks.

“Where was your phone? North Pole?” Cole asked. “You know dating apps could still help you find a new girlfriend” Calvin suggested.

“You've got two options, take the next flight to Mexico or face your girlfriend” Mason told him, scooping his cereal.

“Okay enough” I got up and walked to Jayson. “Today could be your last day on earth if you face her, but you could turn this around and do something good”

“Like what?"

“You know what Harley likes, do something. That apart, we gotta be at school. Where's Carson?”

“Still upstairs, he ain't showing up today” Cole said. “Hell naw, I'm gonna bring him down my self”

“Do you really love your life?” Calvin asked and I rolled my eyes and headed for the elevator. Getting out of the elevator, I headed to his room.

His door was right opposite mine. I sucked in a breath before knocking on the door.

There was no answer, several knocks later I barged in. Calvin's words rang in my head 'do I love my life?'

Do I?

The room was so dark, there's barely light in here but I spotted him. He wasn't on his bed, he sat on the foot of his bed all shirtless and staring up at the ceiling.

His eyes shot to mine and I took one step back.

Do I love my life?

I couldn't make out words anymore. The little light being supplied outlined his face.

His blue orbs were on me.

“What do you want?” His voice was hauxed and the fact he was calm sent chills down my spine.

“It's morning and we gotta leave for school..” Ever since he was assigned to drive me on the first day, I felt like I couldn't leave without him.

Everything in this room was black, like you got sucked into a work hole.

“Go without me” He got up, only in sweatpants. I couldn't get my eyes off him.

The way the tattoos stretched from his arm to his... Focus!

“You gotta drive-”

“Find someone else”

“Ditching me is so not cool!” I yelled and he turned to me. “Get out” I stared at him as he turned to leave.

He began walking towards the door opposite. I let out a sigh and walked out of the room and slammed the door close.

I wore a dark green hoodie and black baggy pants. I got out my phone and called Bianca.

“Hey Char”

“Hey, can you pick me up?”

She squealed. “I'm all over it”

“And-” she ended the call. Great! I headed down stairs to the living room.

“What's going on here?”

“Oh, you survived” Calvin said. “Jayson is rehearsing an apology”

“While I book him the next possible flight to Mexico” Mason added and I chuckled.

“I know what you can do to get your girlfriend back”

“What?”

“Give her something she can't resist”