Chapter 66

I ran the hot stretcher through my hair for the third time, I wanted a new look. I was done looking like a weirdo.

I looked up at the mirror, my hair was straightened and laid on both sides of my face. I smiled at the outcome.

Today, I wore a black and white plaided plitted skirt and a thick white sweatshirt, tucked in neatly. I wore black long socks and black vans.

I slowly put on my bucket hat, so not to ruin my hair. I grabbed the little black coat and bag from the bed.

Chloe barged into my room. She wore a black jumpsuit with a red lollipop in her mouth.

"Looking nice Char but you really would need that coat" she pointed out. "Can I have my phone back now?" I asked.

"Oh yeah" she handed it over. "Thank you" I said unsurely. "Let's go now" she began pulling me and we got into the elevator.

Getting outside the house, it was indeed very cold. "Yep! You were right, Chloe" I put on the coat.

"Hey Char" I turned back to see Mason. "Hey"

"You look nice" he said. "She knows" Chloe replied, walking down the porch to the car. I rolled my eyes. "Thank you"

"Need a ride? I'm gonna go drop Chloe off" he offered. "Thanks, I'll ride Carson" I then paused. "... And where's Carson?"

"Upstairs" Cole replied, getting out of nowhere. "But... We're gonna be late" I said, checking the time on my phone.

"You gotta go check on him" Mason suggested. "Yeah" I turned to go back in but Austin was in my way. "Urge! Horrible hair colour" he said and I rolled my eyes, walking past him.

"Look in the mirror, Austin! " I called out, getting back inside. I got in and out of the elevator and I headed to his door.

I attempted knocking but the door was slightly opened. I slid into the darkness. "Carson" there was no reply, I reached out and turned on the lights.

"Fuck! Turn that off" there was groaning from the bed.

Looking around the room, it was a mess...so unlike him. There was empty cans of bud light laying around, mint wrappers, another broken lamp and a headphone by the door.

"What the fuck happened here?" I asked out loud.

He laid on the bed, over the sheets. "Carson! " I called, moving to him. "What the fuck, Charlotte?" He grunted.

"You're still in bed? Are you fucking kidding me?" I had both hands over my hip, staring down at him. He looked up at me with bored eyes.

"We gotta go, get up! " I nudged him with my leg. "Just go without me" he said, moving away.

"Get up"

"Fuck off, Charlotte!" He yelled, eyes lacing with anger.

Mood swings.

"Well, I'm going nowhere without you" I replied, he sighed, burying his face in the sheets. I fell by his side. "Hey, get up" I poked him, lightly.

He didn't reply, I sighed and got up, taking off my coat and bag. I grabbed the waste bin and began disposing all trash in the room.

I carefully picked up the broken shards of glass and threw them into the bin. I dropped the headphone back on the side table. "What are you doing?" I turned back and he was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching me.

"Cleaning up"

"Why?" I sighed and threw the last can into the bin. "Because we gotta go to school, so go get ready" I replied.