Chapter 36

I let out a satisfied smile, I was done making a sandwich. My breakfast. I paused and looked up at the empty glass beside me.

I need liquid in some way.

I dropped back the sandwich and grabbed the cup, pulling open the fridge, I grabbed an orange drink and gently poured it into the glass.

I capped it and placed it back in the fridge. Turning back, there was Carson taking a bite from my sandwich.

“Are you kidding me?” I yelled and he dropped it back, nodding. He walked to me, grabbed my glass and gulped out of it.

I still stood there, staring at him with wide eyes. He took another gulp before placing it on the table. He headed to the door. “Oh no, you don't!” I pulled his beanie and grabbed hold of his hair.

”Shit Charlotte, let go!”

“No! You ruined breakfast for me!” I yelled. “Is this still about the fucked up sandwich?”

“Do you know how hard it is making breakfast on a Monday morning?” he managed to grab hold of my hand, I tried to hit him but his grip was stronger.

He smirked. “It's cute when you try”

“I hate you” I moved away from him and grabbed my orange drink from the table and took a sip. “Well, you aren't getting this back” I wiggled the black beanie in his face.

He only raked his messed up hair. His phone began ringing, he glanced up at me before walking out to answer the call.

No surprise there.

And then Mason walked in, we both exchanged looks and I looked back at the sandwich, my phone beeped at my back pocket.

I pulled it out, a text from Bianca. She was at school already, I had to go. I downed content from the glass and headed outside.

And just then, I heard him call me. I sighed and turned back, he got out the door. Mason.

I thought we weren't on speaking terms.

He stood in front of me. “You still mad at me?” I looked away without answering. “Char... I'm sorry” he moved in closer.

“It's okay” I stopped him from apologizing again. “I'm not mad at you” he smiled and his fingers graced my cheek. “I promise not to be a dick again”

“And I'll try not to be a bitch...” he chuckled. My eyes moved to Carson by his car, still on the phone call.

He had his eyes on us but then he turned around and continued talking to the person on the other side. Weird.

“Hey, I gotta go though” he nodded. “You are going with him?"

“Yeah, why don't we talk later over the doughnut you still owe me?” he laughed as I got down the porch.

“I'll try to pay up!” he called out and I shook my head with a smile. “I'm on my way, get the rest ready” Carson said, pulling the car open and not sparing me another glance.

I got in and he pulled the car into gear and drove out of the surrounding. I clung to my seat belt as he boost the speed.

“Dude!” I yelled, glancing at him but he had dead eyes on the road. He immediately took another route from the one we took to school.

“Where...are we going?”he ignored me as expected and drove faster.

Should have gone safe with Mason. Should have gone safe with Mason.

“What's wrong with you?” his jaw hardened. Wasn't it this guy I just talked to in the kitchen? I still had his beanie...in hand.

Or did I just imagine all those conversation?

He suddenly pulled up abruptly, the seat belt yanking me back. I looked up, pushing my hair back. We were nowhere in particular...

Just in between two huge buildings. I heard the door slam close, he had gotten out. I tried to open my door to confront him but...

It was locked.

I tried again, I was locked in. I looked back, he got the trunk open and pulled out a bag. This motherfucker locked me in.

“Carson!” I yelled, still trying to get the door open. How dare he? He began walking back from where we came from.

Where was he going?

“Carson!” who am I kidding? Fuck! I hit the car. Why would he lock me in? Where was he heading to? We were already late for school.

What the fuck is wrong with this dude?

Minutes later

I heard the car click open, looking back, he had gotten back and had thrown the trunk open again.

I got out of the car, slamming it close in anger. I stormed to him. “What the fuck was that?” he ignored me and dropped a bag in.

“Carson, why would you lock me in?” he looked up at me, I thought he was gonna say something but he proceeded to close the trunk, I stopped it.

“Why are we here? What's... what's this?” I reached out for the bag but he held me back and shot me a deadly look. “What's in there?” I asked.

“There are questions you don't need answers to” was his vagued reply. I pushed him away and opened the bag.

My eyes shot to the white substance in plastic bags...all stacked up. I stumbled back, glancing at him and then the bag.

He was expressionless.

My heart began banging in my chest. Drugs. Those are drugs.

He does drugs?

To be continued...