Chapter 68

I saw his jaw hardenen as he walked towards us. Mellisa lets go of my hand and took a step back with fear in her eyes. "What are you still doing here?" He asked, his tone deadly.

"I was just-"

"Back away from her" he pulled me away from her. "Carson, just listen-"

"Get the fuck out of here!"

"Stop yelling out out!" I piped out. "Stay out of this, Charlotte" he turned back to her. "I'm sorry Carson, I didn't mean for any of this-"

"No need to be fucking sorry, you caused everything. You got Jackson out of prison" my eyes shot open immediately and she looks led down in guilt.

"I'm sorry"

"Get the fuck out of here! " He yelled, anger lacing in his tone. "Don't let it happen, Charlotte" she said to me before walking off.

Carson's voice cut me out my trance. "And what are you doing here?"

"It shouldn't be so fucking surprising that I followed you and what are you not telling me?" I asked back, he only ignored me and leaned back on the car, eyes down.

"What are you doing here? What was she saying?"

"You shouldn't listen to the likes of Melissa"

"What are you keeping from me?" I took a step towards him and he didn't reply. "Answer me, Carson!" Why are you doing this?"

"It's because of you!" He lashed back and I took a step back, I was startled by his response. "Every shit I do is because of you, Charlotte. Every shit I go through is because of you. You said you wanted to be my fucking change, you wanna see the old me. Well, this is what it fucking looks like!" He yelled at the top of the lungs, not caring who was watching or where we were.

The gains stretching out from his throat. "I'm trying to be the fucking person you want! I'm trying to undo all the mistakes I made so not to get you hurt...again. I'm trying to keep all shits away from and at the same time, I'm trying to be me!"

A tear slipped out my eyes. "I quit smoking because of you, I'm trying to fucking socialize because of you. I'm trying so hard but you still doubt me and-"

"That's because I don't trust you"

"Trust?" He scoffed. "You think I'll try to go back to everything I left behind? You're still scared I'm gonna hurt you... Yes! It was my fault Marie and Jackson died but I didn't mean for it to fucking happen..." He pulled his hair in frustration.

"What else do you want me to prove? How do you want me to explain that..." His eyes are dark with deception "...i care and..." He didn't finish the sentence.

He turned and hit the car and cursed. My hands over my face as I sobbed.

I'm sorry messs, words can't explain my life right now.

He too didn't know how much I cared, he never would.

★★★

By the time we got home, it was night. We didn't talk, the ride was silent, he got out of the car. I watched as he dawdled to the house and then he fell hard to the snow.

"Carson!" I got out of the car and hurried to him. "I'm fine" he groaned, trying to get up.

"You're not. Austin!!!" How was he ever gonna hear me? "" I'm fine" he murmured and I sent him a death glare. Pulling out my phone, I called Austin.

Few seconds later, he burst through the doors and hurried to us. "What happened?"

"Nothing, I'm fine"

"No, he's not. Please help him up" I got up. "What's up, bro?" Austin asked, helping him off the snow.

"Nothing, she just worries a lot" I rolled my eyes and walked back to lock the car.

Getting into the house, they were already upstairs. "Hey Lottie, check out my express card! " Chloe yelled, showing me her transparent C-card.

Can't believe they actually pulled this off.

"You guys did it?" I asked, turning to Mason. "The account is important and that's the only shit that could keep her lips sealed" I chuckled.

"I got a whole lotta cash now! You could call me a rich bitch!" She yelled. "Not calling you that, Chloe" I replied, walking to the elevator.

The door slid open and I walked in. My phone beeped it was another message from Bianca about her secret admirer.

I rolled my eyes at the cringey text and the doors opened. Immediately Austin's voice became audible. He sounded mad and his voice flooded out from... Carson's room.

I walked to it and got startled when the door was pulled open, his eyes settled on me. "Talk to him" that was all he said before walking out.

They be saying it like it's easy.

I got into the room, Carson sat on the bed, head over the headboard and eyes closed. He got them open once I close the door.

"What was that about?" I asked, walking to the bed. He sighed before replying. "He's doing his job as a big brother"

I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or serious.

I sat beside him. "Are you okay?" I asked and he stared at me with those blue eyes. "Why do you always ask that?"

I paused. "To be sure" I answered, not seeming to look away from him.

His hands slowly made way to mine and I looked down at it before looking back up at him.

"No one actually stayed this long" he said. I felt my heartbeat pick up as his fingers rubbed my hand. Could he hear it?

I was sitting this close to him and he was holding my hands... Dude!!!

He then looked back up at me. "Why have I never really noticed your green eyes?" He asked.

"Didn't know you were colour blind, Parker" he smirked, before laying his head back on the head board, eyes close.

He still held my hand.

Oh my gosh!!!