Chapter 17

I pulled the sheet over my body and turned to the other side in restlessness. How hard was it to find a comfortable position?

And why was it so freaking cold?

Another cold breeze blew past my face and I shivered, delving deep into the sheets. I heard shuffling and grunting and my eyes shot immediately.

And I was staring at my opened window. I rubbed my eyes to be sure that shit was open, it definitely was and another wind blew past.

I slowly sat up, still staring at it. I'm sure I shut the window before I went to bed yesterday, then how the fuck?

I got up and slowly walked to it, where was that sound coming from? I looked down to the darkness, pulling my nightwear over my shoulder. Little light came from underneath the pools and garden.

I poked my head outside to be sure there was nothing, it may just be all in my head, I've been so paranoid this past few days.

I sighed and turned back but... someone grabbed me, hands over my mouth and pulled me back.

I let out a muffled scream, I tried kicking and pulling but the grip was stronger. Was this death?

I looked up to see...you gotta be fucking kidding me... bloody Carson!

I pushed him away Immediately. “What the fuck?” I screamed.

“Would you be quiet?” He said.

“Says the guy who snuck into my room...from my window!” I yelled. “Shut the fuck up, someone is gonna-”

A knock resounded on the door and we both turned to it. “Charlotte! Are you okay?” It was Emma. “It's your mom” I whisper-yelled at him, smacking him too.

“No shit” he raked his hair.

“Charlotte, open up, are you okay?” She knocked profusely. I hesitated a bit before answering. “Yes...yes Emma. I'm okay”

“Well, I heard screaming and... yelling”

“Oh...I just...” I glanced at Carson. “...fell... out of the bed. I curse at the floor because, they be so annoying!” I emphasized.

“Oh...Kay. Go to bed then”

“Okay goodnight”

“Night” We heard her retreating footsteps. I turned to him, he was still in his outfit from yesterday. “Where are you coming from anyway?” I crossed my hand over my chest.

He ignored me and headed to the door. “I just saved your stupid ass and you're just gonna walk away?"

“Thankyou” Sarcasm dripped from that word. “Yeah, go through the door, abnormal motherfucker” I said.

“Normal people do close their windows” He pulled the door open and walked out. I groaned and fell back on my bed.

My alarm went off immediately, are you fucking kidding me?

★★★

I got out of the elevator and headed to the kitchen. “Morning” Mitchell said and I looked up at her. “You sleep good?"

“No, obviously” Thanks to that dick. I checked the time on my phone, I was gonna be late. “I gotta go, Mitch. Bye” I headed out.

I had my hair in a ponytail and I wore a black wooly cropped top and a black baggy Jean. I rubbed the pendant of my necklace, a butterfly.

My dad gifted me this on my 17th birthday, the only thing I could remember him by. Getting outside, there was Carson by his car.

I walked to him, he was all in a jean, shirt and black jacket. Look at him, looking all good and me looking like a fish out of water.