Chapter 2

Closing the door to her apartment Daena kicked off her shoes before picking them up and neatly placing them on the shoe rack beside the door. She then walked over to the couch and threw herself down on it, tucking a pillow behind her head. Nearly a whole month had passed since she had arrived in Seoul to start the new chapter of her life.

Work was even better than she could of imagined and the tiny apartment provided for her already felt like home.

Daena had made a couple of friends at work but already felt especially close to an American girl who was a similar age called Leah. She also taught English and the pair had similar schedule's so it made sense for them to spend a lot of their free time together.

Daena picked up her phone from the coffee table and sighed remembering she had forgotten to go food shopping on the way home from work. Reluctant to go out again she quickly ordered some takeout.

Before putting her phone down she decided to open the conversation with Joshua. The last message was still the picture of the airport Daena sent him on the day she arrived.

"Ughh" Daena groaned in despair. How had he not responded. It had been nearly a month and even though she knew he was busy she couldn't help but be disappointed that he hadn't even acknowledged her arrival. A few times she had been tempted to call his mother just to check that she had his right number but at the same time Daena didn't want her to know she hadn't seen him yet. As soon as Joshua's mother knew so would Daena's parents and she had been doing a really good job of keeping this from them so far.

Tossing her phone back onto the coffee table Daena stood up and decided to take a shower hoping it would clear her head before the food arrived. The lack of response from Joshua was really starting to get to her but she was determined not to let it ruin how this experience was going so far.

After all it had taken him weeks to reply to messages in the past, this wasn't unusual. For all Daena knew he hadn't even seen it or realised what it meant. There was no point being annoyed. It had been years since the two had seen each other in person and Daena was starting to think maybe she was just deluding herself by believing she was still as important to him as he was to her.

The shower helped, standing under the hot water did exactly what she had meant for it to do. Her mind felt clearly already. She reminded herself that she didn't come to Korea for him, she had done it for her and to make her parents proud.

Once Daena had finished her shower she felt much better about the situation and after putting on her comfy clothes which consisted of an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants she decided to watch TV until the take out arrived.

Almost as soon as she had sat down the doorbell to the apartment rang. 'Finally', Daena thought as she was practically starving. A busy day at work had left not much time for any food.

Opening the door Daena reached out so the driver could pass her the bag of food. "Thank yo..." she started but the words stopped in her throat as she looked up to see who was standing at the door.

Stumbling back she brought her hands to her chest as if to hold herself together.

"Joshua?!" Daena exclaimed "What..I..How?!" She couldn't seem to form a coherent sentence and ask the question she needed an answer to. He hadn't responded to her message so HOW did he know she was even here and more to the point how did he find this apartment.

"Can I come in?" He asked