Chapter 41

Jeonghan hesitated in front of the door to the dorm.

It was still early morning. After a restless night on Daena's couch he had woken her up to tell her he was heading back to the dorm to fix things.

She had responded sleepily but he had been unsure she had really heard him so he had he sent her a text explaining just in case she woke up and wondered where he was.

Jeonghan's anxiety about this conversation had only increased as he had got closer to the dorm, he didn't like the idea that the members had an issue with his relationship or that they would go as far as to ask him to end it. He was still furious with Seungcheol for even suggesting it and if any of the other members agreed he had a feeling he was going to lose his temper.

Jeonghan finally decided it was better to get it over and done with and let himself in to the dorm. Only to walk straight into Hoshi.

"Hyung?" Hoshi asked confused looking at Jeonghan and then back over his shoulder. "I thought you were in your room, I was just coming to get you"

"No, I was out" Jeonghan replied quickly.

"Where? Actually I can probably guess." Hoshi laughed.

Jeonghan just shrugged at him.

"Have you been there all night? Actually no. Don't tell me. I don't want to know" Hoshi said cringing.

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. "I just went to explain to her Soonyoung"

"No.. I don't want to know" Hoshi repeated. "Come on, everyone is in the kitchen"

"Everyone?" Jeonghan asked.

"You'll see" Hoshi said grabbing Jeonghan by the arm and pulling him down the corridor.

Jeongham allowed Hoshi to drag him into the kitchen and was surprised to find all the members crammed into the small space.

Joshua grinned at him from across the room. "About time you arrived, we have been waiting for you"

Jeonghan leaned against the doorframe deciding to observe whatever was about to happen from there.

"What's this about" Mingyu demanded.

"Yeah, hyung why did you call an emergency meeting?" DK asked.

Jeonghan's mouth gaped open as he realised what was happening. Joshua had done this for him. He had called an emergency meeting to discuss what happened yesterday.

"We just need to clear up something important and then you can all go about your day and get ready for our schedules" Joshua announced to the room.

Hoshi moved and stood next to Joshua and started to speak. "We have a lot of rules that make this grouo work but there is something we have all never really talked about"

Jeonghan watched as all the members looked around at each other in confusion. He crossed his arms and continued leaning against the doorframe deciding to see how this plays out. Joshua suddenly pointed at him.

"I'll get to the point. Do any of you think that Jeonghan's relationship is affecting his ability to work?"

Again Jeonghan watched as all the members looked at him before looking at each other.

There was a mumbled resounding no. Seungkwan spoke up."No, not at all, why has someone said something?"

Jeonghan defiantly looked at Seungcheol who immediately broke his gaze and looked away, his cheeks turning slightly red.

Joshua spoke again. "It doesn't matter who said what. We've always gone with the majority and I think we can all safely say its not our place to try to get involved in anyone else's relationship"

Again there was a some nodding and some mumbling.

Jeonghan looked at Joshua and smiled. He didn't know what he had expected but he hadn't expected Joshua to stand here in front of their entire team and defend him. Joshua beamed back at him.

Woozi suddenly stepped forward. "I'm not entirely sure what this is about or where this is coming from" He turned to face Jeonghan. "But, hyung, your relationship is your business, I hope none of us would even consider standing in the way of your happiness"

Jeonghan watched as the members all nodded again.

Mingyu stepped forward. "I'd like to think if I found someone who made me happy you would all support me"

Jeonghan decided it was time to speak. "Thank you guys, I'm sorry if any of you think my work has been affected, I'd rather if you thought it was you came to me and gave me a chance to resolve it" he turned to Seungcheol as he finished his sentence.

Vernon suddenly spoke from the corner. "Is that all? Can we go? I've got things to do"

Jeonghan chuckled. S Coups dismissed the group with a wave of his hand.

The members left the kitchen in a hurry, Jeonghan imagined they likely wanted to leave the tense atmosphere.

Only himself, Joshua and Seungcheol remained.

"That was unnecessary" S Coups said.

Jeonghan opened his mouth to speak but Joshua beat him to it.

"I disagree, it wasn't your place to tell him to end his relationship for the good of the group"

Seungcheol hung his head. "I was just doing what I thought was best, you've been so distracted"

Jeonghan looked at his friend and sighed. "It's okay, I know you meant well, but you need to know she makes me happy, I love her"

Seungcheol snapped his head up and looked at Jeonghan. "If you really love her then I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I said, I thought this was just another fling"

Jeonghan scoffed. "Ouch, thanks"

"No I didn't mean it like that, none of us have ever really dated seriously, the pressure of the job makes it impossible" S Coups corrected quickly.

Jeonghan crossed the room and placed a hand on Seungcheol's shoulder. "Just don't do that again"

S Coups nodded. "I wont, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I did"

"It's okay, I forgive you, next time just talk to me properly and give me a chance to fix it, don't demand something of me that I have no intention of doing" Jeonghan replied.

He turned to leave before stopping and calling over his shoulder. "Oh, and you better apologise to Daena as well"

-

Daena was feeling anxious. Knowing that Jeonghan had gone home to talk to the members about their relationship had her on edge. After hours of sitting around waiting to hear from him she decided to get up and go out to distract herself.

She was on her way to get a coffee when she heard her phone ring from her bag.

She pulled it out and answered quickly when she saw it was Jeonghan calling.

"Hey" she said as she answered.

"Hey, can you come by the practice room" Jeonghan said instantly.

"Oh.. okay.. sure, when?" Daena responded hesitantly.

"Now" Jeonghan answered bluntly.

Daena felt her blood run cold at his tone. He didn't sound happy.

"Is everything okay?" She asked her voice cracking with nerves.

"Mm.. yeah.. come straight here" Jeonghan replied before ending the call.

Daena looked at her now dark phone. Part of her wanted to just go home. Jeonghan's tone had her more worried than she was before. But she knew she needed to face it and go see what he had to say.

She just hoped it was what she wanted to hear.