Chapter 57

Daena watched as Jeonghan threw his bag into her room before flopping down on the couch, making himself right at home like he had never been away.

He turned and looked at her over the back of the couch.

"Do you wanna order food and watch your drama together?" He asked.

Daena raised an eyebrow. "You never want to watch dramas with me" She stated.

"Well I feel like doing whatever you want to do" Jeonghan said simply.

Daena walked over and sat down beside him. "Okay, I'm not going to argue with you because I really want to watch this drama tonight"

He grabbed her and pulled her against him before draping his arm across her shoulders. "As long as I get to pick what we eat" he declared.

"Sure, you pick and pay" Daena responded cheekily.

Jeonghan laughed and flicked her lightly on the forehead.

"I always pay" he complained.

"You are the rich successful idol, I'm the humble poor teacher" Daena responded.

She got comfortable and turned on the television before leaning into Jeonghan. She felt like all her stress and anxiety over the last few weeks had left her body as soon as she saw him.

She stayed like this for a few minutes enjoying his company before a thought intruded and caused her to pause the show and lean away from him.

"I need to call Joshua quick" She said standing.

Jeonghan frowned up at her "Why?" He asked.

Daena sighed. "He came to see me after work and I was kind of mean, I need to apologise" She said.

"Why were you mean to him?" Jeonghan asked, still frowning.

"He was with Leah, I thought they had been hanging out behind my back" She replied with a shrug.

"Wait. I'm confused. He was with Leah? As in your work friend?" Jeonghan asked.

"Yeah, but he just came to see me after work because this whole thing was over and we could hang out again. I was talking to my dad and Leah invited him to join us for coffee and they went ahead without me. But I didn't know he had come to see me. I thought he was there to see her" Daena explained in a rush.

"Why would he be there to see her?" Jeonghan asked, still confused.

"I don't know. I just thought that's what was happening and over reacted" Daena said.

"Wait. He came to meet you from work?" Jeonghan asked suddenly.

Daena nodded.

"The nerve of this guy" Jeonghan muttered rolling his eyes.

"Hmm? What?" Daena asked.

"Nothing, you call him. I'll order food" Jeonghan said.

Daena sat in her armchair across from Jeonghan and dialled Joshua's number

-

Joshua was laying on his bed staring up at the ceiling. He was still confused about what had happened earlier that day.

Obviously Daena was mad at him, he just wasn't sure why.

When he chased after her he had realised he was drawing too much attention to himself and stopped. He had gone back to the cafe and explained to Leah he was going to go to Daena's apartment and see what was going on.

Leah had stopped him and said she would go. He had offered her a ride as he felt bad, like this was all somehow his fault.

Again when they had reached Daena's apartment he had offered to go in with Leah but she had again refused and told him it would be best if he went home. No explanation was offered. So he had done just that.

It was one of the first times in his life he had not understood why Daena was reacting the way she was. He usually knew what she was thinking just by her face.

Maybe they were just drifting apart. Or being pushed.

Joshua shook his head to clear his thoughts. He didn't want to go down that path.

He started to sit up, planning on going to see one of the other members that was home to distract himself when his phone rang.

He reached for it and saw it was Daena calling.

He answered immediately.

"Hello?" He said quietly.

"Umm.. hi" Daena said back.

Joshua flinched. He could feel the awkward tension even through the phone. He had never really felt awkward talking to her before.

The silence continued before Daena broke it.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I.. I can't really explain" She stammered.

Joshua frowned. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I just I don't really understand why I behaved like that so I can't tell you why" She said simply.

Joshua blinked. "Okay.. hey its okay. Leah said you've been down since this whole thing started"

Joshua heard Daena breath in sharply. "Did she?" She asked.

"Yeah, I get it. You know I wasn't happy about having to stay away either" Joshua said with a sigh.

"Mmm, Leah said you came to see me?" Daena said, but it sounded more like a question.

"I did. Pretty much as soon as the managers gave us the go ahead. I missed hanging out with you" Joshua said.

"So you didn't come to see her?" Daena asked.

Joshua raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What? No. Why would I?"

"No reason" Daena said quietly.

Joshua heard her cover the receiver and could hear her mumbled voice.

"Is Jeonghan there?" he asked.

Daena removed her hand. "Hmm? Yeah he is"

Joshua could almost hear her smile through the phone.

He clenched his fist.

"So.. is that why you walked out? You thought I was meeting Leah?" He asked.

Daena sighed. "I guess. I don't know. But I'm sorry anyway. It would have been nice to see you. I missed you"

Before Joshua had a chance to respond he heard Daena mutter a muted 'Hey' through the phone.

"Shua?"

Joshua realised Jeonghan had taken the phone from Daena.

"Jeonghan" Joshua replied coldly.

"Daena has to go, she's busy, you can talk to her tomorrow" Jeonghan said quickly.

Joshua blinked at his phone in shock. Jeonghan had just hung up on him.

Joshua took a deep breath. He decided to get a bottle of water to help him calm down.

He walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, grabbing a bottle and then slamming the door shut.

"Hyung?" A voice called from behind him.

Joshua turned to find Seungkwan stood in the doorway.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine" Joshua said trying to walk past Seungkwan but he stretched his arm out blocking Joshua's path.

"You don't seem okay?" Seungkwan asked.

"I said I'm fine" Joshua mumbled. He didn't like to get angry and he especially didn't like it when people saw him angry.

"Is this about Daena?" Seungkwan asked suddenly.

"Why would you assume that?" Joshua asked.

"I just.. I got the feeling it might ve about that. I saw you go out after what the managers said, I guess you went to see her" Seungkwan explained.

Joshua shrugged so Seungkwan continued. "Don't you think you should of let Jeonghan hyung see her first?"

Joshua rolled his eyes and sighed. "I don't want to talk about it"

He pushed past Seungkwan and returned to his room. He wanted to be alone.