Chapter 5

Daena stood in front of her open closet. The afternoon at work had dragged horribly and she blamed it entirely on knowing she would see Joshua that evening.

As soon as she had finished her work for the day she had dashed home to give herself as much time to get ready as possible. Mostly to calm her nerves because since Leah had mentioned the word date Daena had been unable to get it out of her head. She didn't know if she even wanted it to be a date right now but just the thought made her nervous.

Daena had arrived home at 5.30 giving her an hour and half to shower and get ready. The clock on her bedside table now showed 6.30. The majority of the wasted time had been spent trying on outfit after outfit before giving up and hanging them back in her closet.

Daena's phone buzzed from the bed. Praying Joshua hadn't just text her to tell her he was early she grabbed it.

The message was from Leah
'Good Luck ;)'

Daena chuckled and dropped her phone onto the bed. Leah had not stopped questioning Daena about Joshua since lunchtime but Daena had so far managed to avoid answering her. She didn't count her luck on being able to continue to do so.

Daena returned to her place in front of the closet and grabbed the first outfit she had tried once again

This wasn't a date and she didn't need to overthink how she looked. Regularly in their past together Joshua had seen her in her pajamas with bedhair. He hadn't cared how she looked then and wouldn't now.

Once the outfit was on Daena closed the door to her closet and looked in the mirror. She had settled on one of her favourite outfits, a pair of white skinny jeans and a powder blue jumper that rested on one shoulder leaving the other exposed.

Happy with her appearance Daena went back into the bathroom and hastily applied some light make up and brushed her hair. Just before she had come to Korea she had opted for a new look and had dyed the ends of her hair blonde which faded into her natural dark brown. She had not been brave enough to cut it though, her hair had always been long and she liked it that way, she had allowed them to trim it though and it now fell to just above her waist.

As she reached for her lip balm to apply it her phone buzzed again.

This time it was Joshua, letting her know he was outside.

Daena quickly applied her lip balm before grabbing a pair of sneakers from the shoe rack by her front door.

Once she was finally ready she grabbed her phone and keys and headed outside.

On the street outside her building was a black car with tinted windows. As Daena peered around looking for Joshua the cars window rolled down.

"Hi" Joshua said as he waved from inside the car.

Before Daena even had a chance to react the rear door of the car opened and she was almost knocked off her feet as she was swept into a hug.

It happened so quickly she didn't even get a chance to look at who was hugging her.

"Hoshi!" Joshua yelled from inside the car.

That explained the mystery hugger.

"Sorry, I can't believe you are actually here, Shua said but I wanted to see for myself so I made him bring me, I hope that's okay Noona" Hoshi explained in a rush.

Daena smiled. She was equally as excited to finally see Hoshi in person, over the years she had spoke to him frequently and his insistence at always calling her Noona was one of the things she loved about him.

"You both should get in the car" Joshua instructed.

Both Daena and Hoshi immediately followed his instructions with Hoshi returning to the back and Daena occupying the passenger seat.

"Hi" Daena said turning to Joshua.

"I'm sorry about our guest, I tried to leave without him but once he saw me leaving and figured out where I was going I didn't stand a chance" Joshua groaned as he tried to explain Hoshi's presence.

"It's okay I'm happy to see you both" Daena replied turning in her seat to look at Hoshi who was frowning at Joshua.

Joshua also turned to look at Hoshi. "Also you shouldn't call her Noona. You guys are almost the same age, its weird" Joshua lectured Hoshi

"It's fine Hoshi, I like it" Daena interjected and stuck her tongue out at Joshua.

"So what are we doing anyway" Daena asked.

"Ahh well, slight issue we can't really go anywhere public, given the circumstances" Joshua said gesturing at himself and Hoshi. "But I was hoping you might like to see our agency building, there's a nice cafeteria where we can get a drink and some food"

"Will the other members be there" Daena asked, she was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and the idea of meeting the other 11 guys was a bit much.

"No, they should be at the dorm" Hoshi replied.

"Is that okay" asked Joshua

"Fine by me" Daena answered.

As soon as she answered Joshua started the car and they headed to their destination.