Chapter 55

Daena sat at her desk in her now empty classroom. Her last class of the day had ended 10 minutes ago and her students has practically ran out of the door.

Daena sighed before standing and starting to slowly pack up her things ready to head home for the day.

But she took her time. Knowing that what awaited at her at home was another evening alone with the chance of maybe a brief conversation with Jeonghan if she was lucky.

Joshua had been wrong when he had said this would all blow over in a week or two. The press loved to create a scandal out of nothing and there had been endless news articles with some suggesting Jeonghan had a secret wife or was even dating multiple girls at once.

But now nearly a month later it had finally started to quiet down and last night when Daena had spoken to Jeonghan he had insisted things would be back to normal this week.

This didn't stop her frustration at how long it had gone on for. They had even missed their 200 day anniversary in the midst of all this. Although she was also sure Jeonghan had forgotten about it entirely as he hadn't even mentioned it.

"Knock knock" came Leah's voice from the door making Daena jump slightly.

"Hey" Daena replied quietly.

Leah stepped into the room and slid the door closed behind her.

"You still feeling down?" Leah asked, concern clear in her voice.

"I'm okay, it's just lonely" Daena said.

"Honestly, that girl is lucky I couldn't get my hands on her" Leah snarled. Over the past few weeks she had expressed her dislike of the girl everyone believed to have been the cause of the leak, even if the girl had denied all knowledge.

"I'm just grateful she didn't say anything further, she knew my name, she could have told the whole story" Daena replied while gathering her things.

"Mmm. True. Then I would have definitely killed her" Leah said with a small nod.

"You wouldn't kill anyone" Daena laughed.

"Try me" Leah said putting her fists up.

Both girls started to giggle and Leah quickly put her arms down.

"Anyway, my lonely friend, wanna go grab a coffee? I know I'm not the incredibly handsome and talented man you want to spend time with but I'm pretty enough right?" Leah asked flipping her hair over her shoulder dramatically.

Daena smiled. Company was exactly what she needed. "Absolutely" She said as she started to head towards the door.

Before she could follow Leah out the door her phone rang from her bag.

"Hang on a second" She said as she pulled her phone from her bag.

It was her dad calling. Daena frowned at her phone.

"It's my dad. It's really late back home. I better take this. You go ahead, I'll meet you at the cafe" Daena explained shooing Leah out of the room and closing the door.

"Appa?" She said as she answered the call.

"Hello my sweet girl" her dad said brightly.

"Are you okay? It's late" She asked.

"Yes, sorry. I just wanted to call. It's been a while since we spoke. I feel like I've missed out on so much. I've been busy with work you see" her father explained.

Leah nodded, her father was a lawyer and always worked too hard.

"Don't work too hard Appa, you are an old man now" Daena said.