Chapter 53

Daena tossed and turned in bed. The sunlight creeping through the curtains had woken her from a deep sleep.

With her eyes still closed she reached for the space beside her. When she found it empty she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

She had expected to reach over and find Jeonghan beside her. In the few weeks that had passed since she had told him he no longer had to sleep on the couch he had been sleeping over most nights.

Daena frowned at the empty space. He hadn't woken her up to tell her he was leaving.

She picked up her phone from the bedside table and saw it was already 10am and was relieved it was her day off. She never usually slept this late.

She dialled Jeonghan's number and laid back down with the phone resting on her ear.

He answered quickly.

"Good morning" he said brightly.

"Where are you?" Daena demanded.

"At work. I had to be here for 8" he laughed.

Daena pouted "You didn't say bye"

Jeonghan chuckled again. "I did, but you were fast asleep"

"Will you be back later" Daena asked.

"I'm not sure. The schedule is pretty tight today. It might be better if I sleep at the dorm" he said.

Daena smiled at this. Jeonghan used to refer to the dorm as home but he had stopped recently.

"Okay. Well if your busy I will let you go. Don't work too hard. I love you" She said with a sigh.

"I love you too" Jeonghan said as he ended the call.

Daena lounged in bed for a bit longer before deciding to finally get ready for the day.

-

It was almost lunchtime and Daena was starting to think about going out for something to eat when her train of thought was interrupted by someone banging on her door.

She stood up and crossed the room.
She checked who was on the other side before opening it.

Leah strode into her apartment and wrapped Daena in a brief hug.

"Long time no see" Daena remarked.

"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't think I would be gone all summer" Leah whined.

Leah had planned to visit family for the summer but some things had come up and she had to extend her leave into the start of the new school year.

"Months, you've been gone months" Daena complained.

"And I came straight here so you could update me on all the excitement I missed" Leah replied as she flopped onto the couch.

"What about your excitement? Are you going to tell me why you extended your leave?" Daena asked.

Leah put a hand up to silence her. "No, I asked you".

"Nothings really happened since you left. I tried the job at the agency though" Daena replied with a shrug.

"And?"

"I'm not sure. I think I'm going to ask if I can do it free lance and keep teaching" Daena explained.

Leah punched the air. "Yes! I didn't want to tell you not to leave but also don't leave me" She begged.

Daena laughed.

"Oh. What happened with creepy guy? They locked him up right?" Leah asked suddenly.

Daena nodded.

"Perfect. One less weirdo, and how is the boyfriend" She asked with a wink.