Chapter 45

Daena initially let Hajoon start to pull her away from the building but after a few seconds realised that was a terrible idea. This man had let himself into her home uninvited and tried to force himself on her. She knew she could not go with him, it felt dangerous. Not to mention he was clearly angry.

Daena dug her heels into the ground and tried to stop Hajoon pulling her down the street but he was much stronger and as soon as she struggled he gripped her wrist tighter causing her to cry out pain.

"Can you stop?" She yelled at him, hoping someone would hear and intervene but a quick glance around told her there was nobody nearby to help.

Hajoon however did stop but did not release her arm. He turned and stepped towards her.

"You ruined my life" he snarled. His face revealing nothing but hatred.

"I.. what are you talking about?" Daena stuttered in response.

"I lost my job because of you, nowhere will hire me" he replied.

"I didn't do that" Daena explained confused.

"No? You didn't ask your boyfriends to make sure the agency fired me and also tell any company that tried to hire me that I was dangerous" he growled.

Daena suddenly realised what he was talking about. She remembered Hoshi texting her telling her that he had made sure Hajoon wouldn't be returning to the agency.

"I didn't ask them to do that" She stammered.

Hajoon simply turned around and continued dragging her away gripping her wrist so tightly she knew it would leave a mark.

"Even if you didn't, I lost everything because of you. I couldn't pay my rent and now I have to sleep in my car. My parents told me not to come home until I find a new job" Hajoon explained as he pulled her along.

Daena struggled under his grip.

"I can ask them to give you your job back" She said quietly.

"I don't want my job back. I want you to pay for ruining my life" he said.

He stopped walking and turned to face a car.

"Get in" he growled.

"I.. we can talk about this please, I can fix this" Daena whimpered.

The one thing she knew was that she couldn't get in that car. She wasn't sure of Hajoon's intentions but she knew they couldn't be good. Not if he was planning revenge.

Hajoon stepped around her and pushed her against the car. "I said get in"

Daena decided at that moment she had to stop this. "HELP!" She yelled at the top of her voice.

Hajoon opened the car door and bent down to whisper in her ear. "I'm going to ruin your life now. Do you think which ever one of those pretty boys is your boyfriend will still want you when I'm finished?"

Daena whimpered in terror realising exactly what his intentions were.

"Maybe they all are your boyfriend. Maybe they pass you around. Now get in the car" he snarled.

As he pushed her towards the open door Daena realised she had no way out of this. Defeated she turned around and ducked her head to enter the car.

Only as soon as she did so the car door slammed shut in her face.

She felt a hand slip into hers and pull her slightly away from the car.

"I've been looking for you" a voice said to her.

Daena turned to her side to find Seungkwan holding her hand tightly.

He pushed her slightly behind him and Daena felt her eyes begin to fill with tears. She had felt so much safer as soon as she had seen him. But she hoped he wasn't alone. She didn't know if Seungkwan was enough to stand between her and Hajoon right now.

"Go away, this is between me and her" Hajoon scowled at Seungkwan.

"And the police" Seungkwan said waving his phone at Hajoon. "I called them a moment ago, they are on their way"

Before Seungkwan even finished his sentence Hajoon had turned on his heel and ran. Fleeing in the opposite direction.

As soon as he was out of sight Seungkwan turned and pulled Daena into a tight embrace.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Daena stood rigid. Shocked at the events that had just unfolded.

"H... How?" She managed to stutter out.

"I saw you down the street when I arrived at the building, something seemed wrong so I followed, but when you yelled for help I knew I had to do something. So I called the police and then ran over here" Seungkwan explained holding her at arms length to examine her.

Daena just blinked at him in response.

Seungkwan wrapped and arm around her and pulled her into his side.

"Come on, lets get you inside"

Daena allowed herself to be led back to the building and once inside Seungkwan led her down some corridors to a secluded seating area.

Daena sat down and stared blankly at the wall opposite her.

"Here drink this" Seungkwan said handing her an iced americano.

Daena took the drink but made no move to drink it, simply grasping it tightly in her hands.

She could hear Seungkwan talking quietly to someone but didn't look to see who. She just continued to stare blankly. Her mind felt empty. She didn't know how to process what had just happened.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. "Daena, I'm going to go outside and talk to the police. Mingyu and Wonwoo will stay with you" Seungkwan explained.

Daena managed to nod and felt someone sit down next to her.

"Are you okay Noona?" Mingyu asked.

Daena didn't reply.

After a few seconds she felt Mingyu stand and heard him take a few steps away. She could hear Mingyu and Wonwoo discussing her in hushed tones.

"Should we tell the police she's not ready to talk yet" Wonwoo asked.

"Definitely, she clearly in shock, do you think we should call a doctor?" Mingyu replied.

"I don't know" Wonwoo said quietly.

"Wait, what about hyung? Has Seungkwan told him?" Mingyu asked.

"I don't think so, he's in a meeting"

"What about Joshua?" Mingyu asked again.

"I don't know Mingyu, I think we should wait for Seungkwan to come back" Wonwoo whispered and with that the room fell silent.

Daena didn't know how much time had passed but after a little while she heard Seungkwan say her name.

"Daena? I've spoken to the police, they are going to look for that man. They need to speak to you but you don't have to do it now, they said you can go to the station when you are ready" he explained.

Daena managed another simple nod in response.

She heard the hushed conversation start up again.

"You need to get Jeonghan" Mingyu said quietly.

"I agree" Wonwoo said.

She heard Seungkwan take a deep breath. "Fine I'll call him"

She heard him take a few steps away from her.

"Hyung? You need to come here right now" Seungkwan said.