Chapter 16

Jeonghan watched as the door closed behind Daena and Hoshi before crossing the practice room to grab his bag so he could take a quick shower and change his clothes before joining them for today's Japanese lesson.

As he was packing away his things he sensed someone standing behind him. Turning around he saw Joshua who somehow managed to look both upset and annoyed.

Jeonghan reached out and patted Joshua on the shoulder.

"I think we should talk" Joshua said, his voice almost emotionless.

Jeonghan looked at Joshua and sighed. He knew where this was going. He felt it coming for a little while. Joshua had been distant.

"Okay, but can it wait till later?" Jeonghan asked. Looking past Joshua he could see some of the other members hanging around trying to listen in. Jeonghan glared at them and watched as S Coups rounded them up and escorted them from the room.

When Jeonghan and Joshua were alone Jeonghan finally spoke again.
"Look, I really would rather do this later, I don't want to be late"

"For your class with Daena?" Joshua questioned crossing his arms.

"Exactly" Jeonghan snapped back impatiently.

"I saw you, you know, watching her"

"I know" Jeonghan crossed his arms to match Joshua.

"I think you should ask the managers to get back in touch with your old teacher"

"Do you?, Why is that?" Jeonghan asked raising an eyebrow.

"I just think you will learn better if you can fully concentrate"

"Shua, if you have something to say, say it, if not then don't make me late" Jeonghan ran his hand through his hair in frustration. If Joshua wasn't going to get to the point he wasn't going to just stand there.

Jeonghan started to walk towards the door but Joshua called after him.

"I think you should leave her alone, I don't want this to come between us"

Jeonghan stopped. Joshua sounded genuinely upset. He thought about turning round and agreeing. He didn't want to upset Joshua or hurt their friendship. But he couldn't bring himself to stop seeing Daena so he just shook his head and continued out of the room.

-

Daena sat on the table that doubled as her desk in their makeshift classroom dangling her feet over the edge.

The class had ended 10 minutes ago and Jeonghan had left so quickly Daena had to give Hoshi the homework she had set to pass on. Hoshi had also left relatively quickly as well clearly exhausted from practice.

This had left Daena alone with her thoughts. Jeonghan had been quiet all lesson which wasn't like him. He was usually very active in their class and eager to learn.

When he had got up and left almost as soon as Daena had declared them done for the day she had stared after him in shock as he usually hung around to chat to her. Hoshi had muttered something about them all being tired from the comeback before shuffling after Jeonghan himself.

Daena didn't expect it to hurt her feelings but it did.

She picked up her phone from the table beside her and called Leah.

Leah answered after a few rings "Hello?"

"Hey, can you come over?" Daena asked.

"Sure, everything okay?" Leah asked sensing Daena wasn't feeling her usual self.