Chapter 12

A few weeks later it was Daena's first day teaching Hoshi at the agency.

She wasn't nervous, she had taught Hoshi before and really was just looking forward to spending time with him. For the few months she had been in Korea getting to spend more time with him he felt like family. Not in the same way Joshua did. That kind of love only comes with knowing someone your whole life, but Daena felt completely comfortable around Hoshi.

As she walked to the agency she had called Leah, who she now counted as her closest female friend, back in LA she didn't really have many female friends so this was a really nice experience for her.

Leah had wished her luck teaching her mystery student as Daena hadn't shared with her who her friends were given their status as idols and then promptly declared Daena could buy lunch next week with all her extra money.

Daena put her phone back in her bag and stared up at the building that housed Seventeen's agency.

Walking through the entrance she waved at Minji the girl on reception, given how many visitors passes she had picked up over the last few months her and Minji had had many opportunities to talk.

Minji waved back, dangling Daena's shiny new employee pass from her right hand.

Daena attempted to snatch it but Minji moved it away at the last second.

"Noo... you gotta hear the rules first" Minji giggled.

"Fine" Daena huffed crossing her arms.

"This technically means you can come and go as you like now, but don't abuse it, some floors and rooms will be off limits so the pass won't actually activate on those okay?" Minji explained before offering the pass to Daena.

"Got it" Daena smiled before snatching the pass. "Where am I going by the way?" She asked Minji.

"Oh, well I have it on good authority they are shooting right now and haven't actually finished"

Daena sighed, Hoshi had promised they would finish on time so Daena wouldn't have to hang around before her lesson with him.

"Don't shoot the messenger" Minji said holding her hands up in mock defence "I'll take you to where they are filming"

Daena nodded and followed Minji like the little lost puppy this maze of a building made her feel like.

After what felt like an eternity they stopped outside a door. Minji placed her finger against her lips indicating to Daena to be quiet and pushed open the door gesturing for Daena to follow her.

Daena entered a huge white room. It was easily 2 stories high and very brightly lit. Well the area where Seventeen were standing was very brightly lit. The rest of the room where the crew were was dark.

Daena edged towards the back of the crew and tried to catch Joshua's eye waving. Minji nudged her and whispered very quietly. "They can't see you, it's too bright where they are and too dark out here".

Daena flashed her the okay sign and waved goodbye to Minji as she walked away to return to her desk.

Daena turned her attention back to the members who were laughing and joking around being silly. Daena quickly realised they weren't filming a music video like she had assumed but rather their variety show, which she had to admit to seeing a few episodes of and loving, they were funny guys.

Daena sought out Joshua again and found him leaning against Jeonghan who had an arm around him. She smiled it made her happy to see him with his friend, she knew how close Joshua and Jeonghan were and she had found when she did watch their content those two tended to gravitate towards each other. It was clear to her they had a very strong bond.

Suddenly the director called the filming to a wrap and the boys immediately dispersed. Some just left the room. Daena looked for Hoshi or Joshua but couldn't see them anywhere. She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder.

Turning around she was startled to find Jeonghan standing behind her.

"Hi" he said as he blatently looked her up and down.

Daena was suddenly glad she had dressed nicely in a pair of white slacks and a pale pink button up blouse.

"Oh, hi" Daena replied sheepishly. She felt uncomfortable making eye contact with him given how she had embarrassed herself last time she had seen him. She was hoping maybe he had forgotten as it had been a few weeks.

"Good to see I haven't knocked you off your feet this time" he chuckled.

So no he hadn't forgotten. Great. Daena could feel herself start to blush.

"There's no need to be embarrassed, I thought it was cute" Jeonghan whispered leaning closer to her.

"Noona!" A voice called from behind her causing Jeonghan to suddenly step back.

"Hope to see you soon" Jeonghan said winking at her before turning on his heel and walking towards the exit of the room.

Daena turned around to see Hoshi and Joshua walking towards her.

"Hi guys" She called cheerfully.

"Hi.. was that Jeonghan?" Joshua asked peering at the door Jeonghan had just exited through.

"Yeah" Daena replied before looking at Hoshi who just shrugged.

"Shall we get to class Noona?" Hoshi asked excitedly.

"You guys go, have fun" Joshua said before leaning in to give Daena a hug. "Don't give her too much trouble Soonyoung" Joshua called as he started to walk away.

"If he does, let me know" He called again this time directed at Daena as he walked backwards away from them.

"I won't give you any trouble Noona, I will be a model student" Hoshi said grabbing Daena by the wrist and practically dragging her to the door.

"By the way Noona, I've been thinking, would it be okay for you to call me Soonyoung, I would prefer it" Hoshi asked as he dragged her through the maze of a building.

"Of course" Daena said happily. She felt like being able to call him by his real name rather than his stage name was more personal anyway but had never asked as didn't want to offend him but had noticed his members flipped between the two names often anyway.

"Perfect. I will warn you Noona, it has been a while and my Japanese is rusty" Soonyoung sighed.

"Are you telling me you haven't practiced Soonyoung" Daena said skidding to a halt and placing her free hand on her hip.

Soonyoung looked down at his feet. "Not as much as I should have, I guess"

"Good job I'm here to teach you then" Daena chuckled lightly slapping him across the shoulder.

"Come on, the room we are being allowed to use is right up here" Soonyoung laughed pulling Daena along behind him.

He opened the door and gestured for Daena to step inside.

When she did she realised the room wasn't empty as she had expected it to be, because lounging in a chair like he owned the place was none other than Yoon Jeonghan.