Chapter 34

Jeonghan looked at his phone after ending the call with Daena. Had he really just said that outloud?

He hadn't meant to. It had just slipped out. His eyes went wide at the realisation.

He slid his phone back into his pocket and turned slowly to face Hoshi who was standing behind him.

Hoshi stood there with his mouth open in shock staring at Jeonghan.

"Did you..?" Jeonghan started, trying to find the words to ask Hoshi if he had heard, knowing he more than likely had.

Hoshi nodded before Jeonghan could finish his sentence.

Jeonghan looked around, they were already in the practice room waiting for the other members to arrive even though they weren't due to for a while yet. Jeonghan had asked Hoshi to help him get some practice in alone and luckily after a quick scan of the room he realised they were still alone.

"Do not tell anyone" Jeonghan said sternly.

Hoshi frowned at this and after a moment spoke "Why?"

Jeonghan ran a hand through his hair in distress, pushing it back up and off his forehead.

"I..I didn't mean to say it" he replied quietly.

"What do you mean?" Hoshi asked in response.

Jeonghan didn't answer. He wasn't sure how.

"Hyung, what do you mean? Do you not feel that way about Noona?" Hoshi pressed.

Jeonghan pushed his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants and sighed. "I don't know, maybe... yes, I think so" he explained in a rush the words flowing out so quickly Hoshi almost missed them.

"Yes?" Hoshi asked.

Jeonghan looked down at his feet and nodded slowly.

Hoshi raised an eyebrow. "So why didn't you mean to say it?"

"Can you stop with the questions Soonyoung?!" Jeonghan snapped, lifting his head and glaring at Hoshi.

Jeonghan watched as Hoshi took a step back away from him in surprise.

"S.. sorry I just, I was trying to help" Hoshi replied, it was his turn to look down at his feet.

Jeonghan watched for a moment as Hoshi shuffled in discomfort.

He could tell he had upset his friend. In an attempt to make it better he closed the distance between them and wrapped an arm around Hoshi's shoulder.

"It's fine, I just... I didn't mean to say it to her like that, it just slipped out. I would rather have told her at the right time and in person" Jeonghan explained.

Hoshi looked up at Jeonghan. "Okay, that makes sense, sorry I pressed you about it. I just worry about Noona" he shrugged.

"You worry about her? What about me?" Jeonghan asked chuckling as he stepped away from Hoshi.

Jeonghan watched as a serious look took over Hoshi's face, that was often a sign he was going to say something that might hurt.

"I don't think you understand Hyung"

Jeonghan watched Hoshi waiting for him to continue.

"The likely outcome of this is she will get hurt"

Jeonghan crossed his arms. "What do you mean?" He demanded.

Hoshi sighed. "It's not just my opinion, Shua hyung agrees, you've never taken a relationship seriously, eventually you are going to break her heart"