Chapter 52

Sungho led Daena over to an empty computer and as they walked she could feel everyones eye's on her.

"The office isn't usually this full. Our department is pretty flexible. We allow the team to work remotely if they want and the hours aren't set in stone. The pay is per work piece finished. The only reason we are all in today is because we had our monthly team meeting, so when I was asked if you could pop in to see if this was a good fit I thought today would be a good way for you to meet us" Sungho explained before gesturing for Daena to sit at the desk they had just reached.

Daena quickly sat and nodded at him in response.

"You know, I don't think we have ever had a staff recommendation from an idol group before, you must have wowed them" he asked leaning against the desk beside her.

"I.. umm" Daena hesitated unsure how much she should share. She settled on what she believed to be the safe answer. "I used to tutor some of the members in Japanese"

The girl at the desk beside her rolled her chair back so she could see Daena. "Just tutor? You seemed very close with the one that brought you in?" She asked.

"Ah Daena, this is Jiwoo she will be showing you the ropes today" Sungho said gesturing at the young woman beside him.

Daena looked at Jiwoo and was immediately struck by how pretty she was. She had flawless pale skin and shiny dark hair.

"I shall leave you two to get to know each other, It's really rather simple. Watch the video or read the document you have been allocated and copy up the translation into a seperate document. We will send it to the editing team to upload after its been double checked" Sungho said before returning to his desk.

"So. Are you going to answer my question?" Jiwoo asked as she rolled her chair as close beside Daena as she could get.

"Question?" Daena asked confused.

"Yeah, I said you seemed very close to that idol,closer than just his tutor? He was definitely an idol, normal guys don't look like that" She questioned frowing at Daena.

"Jeonghan, he's from Seventeen" the girl on the other side of Jiwoo responded quietly.

"What was that Daeyeon? Speak up!" Jiwoo demanded.

Daena looked at Daeyeon. She seemed quite shy and looked away. She wore small glasses and her hair looked like it had been dyed a light brown as the hair at the root was revealing her natural darker colour.

She didn't look away from her screen as she responded. "I said his name is Jeonghan he's from Seventeen" raising her voice ever so slightly louder than before.

Jiwoo turned back to Daena.

"Anyway you seemed close with Jeonghan from Seventeen" She said projecting her voice so Daeyeon could hear.

"Ah um... I've known the members for a while. I used to go to school with one of them" Daena mumbled in response.

"Mmm.. sure. That's all then just know them" Jiwoo responded snarkily, trying to get more information out of her.

Daena tried to turn the conversation back to work. "So can you show me what it is I will be working on?" She asked.

"Answer my question first, is he your boyfriend" Jiwoo asked.

Before Daena could respond Sungho raised his voice from his desk across the room. "Jiwoo enough gossiping" he called.

"Fine, keep your secrets" Jiwoo muttered before opening some applications on Daena's computer and running her through the basics.

-

The day passed relatively quickly. Once Jiwoo had shown Daena the basics she picked it up pretty quickly.

There was no more questions about how she knew any idols, mostly thanks to the fact she had to put on a pair of headphones to listen to the video she was translating.

Amusingly the video she had been given to translate was an episode of Seventeen's variety show Going Seventeen.

It had taken a while to translate. Mostly because when 13 people were shouting over each other it was very hard to make out exactly what they were saying. But she had found a rhythm and once she got the hang of it had even requested a second work piece to keep her busy.

Occasionally when she looked up she noticed less and less people in the room.

Sungho had come over and announced he was also leaving for the day and that he had already checked her first translation and had no issue with her taking the role permanently should she want it.

Daena had thanked him profusely and then when he had left she noticed she was the only person in the room.

That had been nearly 2 hours ago.

Daena stretched and looked at the clock on her computer. It's was 10pm, she had just worked a 10 hour shift.

She blinked in confusion. It had gone by so quickly.

She submitted the work and started to get ready to get home.

"Ahh" She squealed as a pair of hands covered her eyes.

"Guess who?" chuckled a soft voice.

Daena reached up and removed the hands from her face.

"Hi" she said turning and looking up at Jeonghan.

"You didn't guess" he pouted.

"I knew who it was" Daena laughed as Jeonghan perched on the desk beside her.

"So how was work?" He asked.

"Really good actually. Although if I do take the job I'm not sure I'll come into the office much. I got an interrogation off some of the other team members after your public display earlier" She said reaching up and tapping Jeonghan on the nose.

"Ahh.. sorry I didn't think" he said rubbing the back of his neck. "But they can't say anything. It's in their contract. They all sign non disclosure agreements"

"Mmm.. I see" Daena said feeling slightly relieved. "Anyway how did you know I was still here?" she asked.

"Joshua told me. I guess Sungho spoke to him about how he thought you did" Jeonghan said simply.

"Oh, I thought he would of spoken to you seeing as you arranged it?" Daena remarked.

"I... uh.. yeah weird I didn't think of that" Jeonghan said looking away.

Daena raised an eyebrow at him.

"Anyway I'm done now" She said as she grabbed her bag and stood up. "Do you want to come over for some dinner?" She asked.

Jeonghan stood too and smiled. "Of course"

Daena started walking to the door.

"Can I stay over though, I don't want to go back to the dorm that late?" Jeonghan asked.

"Sure.. but..." she started but Jeonghan cut her off.

"I know.. the couch" he groaned.

"Actually I was going to say you don't have to sleep on the couch tonight" She said over her shoulder.

She heard Jeonghan stop walking.

"Wait. You mean.." Jeonghan started.

"Yes. You can sleep in my bed" She laughed as she turned to face him.

Jeonghan grinned at her, clearly pleased about the upgrade.

"Or not sleep. Its up to you" She whispered with a wink.

Jeonghan's jaw dropped open and he closed the distance between them.

Daena laughed as Jeonghan practically dragged her out of the room. She didn't think she had ever seen him move so fast.