Chapter 39

As soon as Daena realised Jeonghan was in his room clearly having a conversation she knew she should walk away. Something about the fact he hadn't announced his arrival at the dorm and the hushed tones told her this conversation was intended to be private.

But still she found herself rooted to the spot unable to walk away. She moved very quietly closer, positioning herself right next to the door where she would be able to hear better. A voice in her head screamed at her to walk away but she just couldn't.

Now she was closer she could make out the conversation better and to her surprise she realised that this wasn't a conversation it was an argument. Jeonghan sounded frustrated.

Before she could really hear what exactly was being said Jeonghan stopped talking. Daena looked down the hallway to make sure she was alone and wouldn't be caught. She wasn't exactly sure how to explain to anyone that may find her there what she was doing.

She heard Jeonghan sigh loudly.

That was when the other voice started to speak. It was a voice familiar to her but she couldn't quite place it.

"Jeonghan, I'm not trying to upset you. I just need you to hear me out, this concerns all of us" it said.

Jeonghan grunted in response.

The voice continued. "I haven't said anything until now because I wanted to give you a chance to prove it wouldn't be an issue but.."

Jeonghan interrupted the speaker before they could continue "Seungcheol, I really don't want to hear more about this, you made it clear how you felt in the car"

There was Daena's answer. It was S Coups.

"You weren't listening to me, but you will" S Coups paused. "Jeonghan, this is a terrible decision, its already affecting your ability to work, you're skipping schedules. I have to step in before it comes from higher up"

"I missed one practice!" Jeonghan rebutted raising his voice.

"Shh, do you want the others to hear?" S Coups responded. "You have to stop this, it's the best thing for the group"

"For the group? What about what's best for me?" Jeonghan replied outrage clear in his tone.

"You don't know what's best for you, enough is enough, you need to end things now, don't you see what this is doing to us, you're pushing us away"

"You can't ask me to do that!" Jeonghan raised his voice again.

"I can and I am. This isn't working, you are never here and when you are you barely focus, you are making mistakes. It's too risky, if you get found out your career is over. Jeonghan, you almost ruined your relationship with Joshua over this, you are lucky he still speaks to you. You had a fight with Hoshi as well. Its too complicated" S Coups growled angrily.

Daena stepped away in horror. She realised they were talking about her.

Her step away and momentary distraction had caused her to miss part of the conversation, she couldn't be sure how much. When she recovered enough to listen she heard part of what Jeonghan was saying.

"... but I see what you are saying,  I...I'll think about it"

That was enough for Daena. The idea that Jeonghan was even considering what S Coups had just suggested felt like a punch to the gut. She had enough and quickly but quietly walked to the front door and let herself out.

She walked home going over and over the part of the conversation she had heard in her head. She wasn't supposed to hear it. She definitely couldn't tell Jeonghan.