Chapter 18

Daena's hand shook as she tried to open her front door. She was pretty sure she was still in shock from the bomb Joshua had just dropped on her and all she wanted to do was go to bed. She felt terrible.

She was even more surprised when her front door opened for her revealing Leah still in her apartment.

"You look terrible" Leah declared ushering Daena into the apartment and onto the couch.

"I feel terrible, think I have the flu" Daena replied practically laying down on the couch.

"I'll email work and let them know you won't be in this week"

"Thanks, I really don't feel up for it"

Daena could hear Leah rummaging around in her kitchen.

Leah appeared a few minutes later with a glass of water and some soup.

"Eat this" Leah said thrusting the bowl of soup at Daena.

Daena didn't feel like she had much of a choice so she sat up and ate the soup which instantly made her feel slightly better.

"Thanks Leah"

"Did it help?"

"Yeah I feel a bit better" Daena replied reaching for the glass of water.

"Are you sure that's the only thing wrong?" Leah asked raising an eyebrow. "You don't seem right".

Daena placed the glass of water back on the table. "I think Joshua just told me he has feelings for me but my head hurts too much to know what to do with that information"

"Joshua?" Leah questioned and Daena realised she had messed up, she never directly said his name to Leah in case she figured out who she was talking about. It's not like Joshua was a common name in Korea.

"Is that your friend? The one who moved here from LA?" Leah asked.

Daena breathed a sigh of relief, there was no hint of realisation in Leah's face or voice. She was pretty sure she had got away with her mistake.

"The one and only" Daena replied.

"Isn't this a good thing? Didn't you want to know how he felt?"

"Yes, but now I'm more confused because I think I have feelings for both him and his friend".

"Oh, girl, you are in trouble" Leah chuckled.

"I don't want to come between them Leah, and I don't want to lose my oldest friend" Daena placed her head in her hands.

"I think you've got to take yourself out of the equation, go on a date with someone else, try and forget these feelings, it's going to end in tears"

Daena knew Leah was right. Choosing Joshua would make things awkward with Jeonghan. She didn't know if he had feelings for her but something deep inside told her he did. She had noticed Jeonghan and Joshua had seemed distant recently and she had a feeling she might be to blame. Choosing Jeonghan would mean losing Joshua. So maybe it was better to choose neither.

"This is too much for my sick brain, I'm going to bed" Daena declared standing up.

Leah headed for the door "Don't worry about work I'll sort it"

Daena dragged herself to bed.

-

There she stayed for the next week feeling sorry for herself.

She felt terrible, this flu had hit her like a truck.

She had answered a phone call from her parents earlier in the week to explain she was sick who naturally started to freak out that she was alone and unwell, she had to reassure them she had friends and wasn't alone just to get them off the phone.

Joshua had called a few times but just to check in. Daena had been relieved he hadn't just shown up. She still didn't know what she was going to say to him.

Now it was Sunday and Daena finally felt well enough to teach a class. Hoshi had text her the day before saying he would assume their lesson was still on unless he heard otherwise and Daena didn't want to let him down.

Daena dragged herself into the shower and spent much longer than usual getting ready.

She decided to dress comfy as she still didn't feel 100% so threw on some baggy jeans along with a white t shirt and a pale yellow cardigan.

Finally feeling more human she headed to the agency building.

-

Minji was at her usual spot at the desk in reception.

"Didn't think I would see you today" she called waving at Daena.

"I'm feeling better actually"

"Good I'm glad, I heard you were sick and was worried" Minji rested her chin in her hands and looked up at Daena. "Hajoon asked after you"

Daena blinked unable to place the name.

Minji rolled her eyes "Hajoon... the cute security who wants your number"

Daena just stared blankly at Minji she was sure she had never met this guy.

"Hang on" Minji pulled put her phone and started quickly talking to someone.

A few seconds later a tall, very attractive man came around a corner into the lobby.

"You called me" he announced.

Daena stared at the guy he was a similar height and build to Mingyu but maybe slightly less handsome given that all idols looked like supermodels.

"Hajoon, Daena" Minji said gesturing at the two of them as she said their names.

"Now you have officially met, my work here is done" she said leaning back in her chair.

"Oh nice to meet you" Daena said to the young man bowing politely.

Hajoon responded the same.

"I've seen you around the building, do you work here?" he asked.

"Yes she's teaching language" Minji replied for her from her desk.

"Yes I'm a teacher, I really should go or I will be late to class" She bowed politely and tried to leave.

"Hang on" Hajoon placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her but quickly removed it. "Could I have your number? I would like to take you out sometime"

Daena was about to politely decline as he was technically technically stranger, but then she remembered what Leah had said.

"Sure" She responded pulling out her phone and exchanging numbers with Hajoon.

"I'll text you" She said as she walked away.

"Look forward to it" he replied winking at her.

After all it was only a date and Hajoon was a handsome guy.

Maybe this was exactly what she needed, a distraction.