Chapter 17

Jeonghan returned to the dorm frustrated with himself. Not only had he walked out on Joshua when he had asked to speak to him earlier, Daena had also seen him sitting in the hallway feeling sorry for himself.

He wanted someone to talk to about his feelings but he was conflicted. He couldn't talk to Hoshi. It was very clear he would side with Joshua and tell Jeonghan to back off.

Jeonghan decided maybe Joshua was right and they did need to talk it out properly. Joshua had said he didn't want this to come between them.

Jeonghan walked to Joshua's bedroom door and knocked.

"Who is it?" Joshua called from inside the room.

"Jeonghan"

Jeonghan was met with silence.

"Shua can I come in? Please?" Jeonghan asked.

Joshua didn't reply.

Jeonghan sighed and opened the door anyway.

"Shua..." Jeonghan started but Joshua cut him off.

"I didn't invite you in Jeonghan"

"I..I know but I wanted to talk"

Joshua stood up at this. "You wanted to talk? I wanted to talk earlier and you just walked away"

Jeonghan looked up at Joshua, his eyes were round and huge, he was clearly angry.

"I'm here now" Jeonghan replied placing his hands in his pockets and looking down.

Joshua sighed and ran a hand through his hair, he could see this was upsetting Jeonghan.

"Look Jeonghan, we are both upset. Let's talk about this when we have calmed down"

Jeonghan nodded still looking down at the floor and started to head towards the door.

Before he exited the room he turned around and looked at Joshua who was watching him.

"I just want you know, I'm not doing this to hurt you. I care about you Joshua, but you should know I also care about her"

Leaving those words hanging in the air Jeonghan walked out of Joshua's room and closed the door behind him.

He turned and walked straight into Hoshi.

"Soonyoung, what? Were you just standing here listening?" Jeonghan asked placing his hands on his hips.

Hoshi looked down "Maybe" he muttered in response.

"I'm worried about you both, I.. I don't want you and Joshua to fall out" Hoshi replied his eyes glistening.

Jeonghan sighed, this was now upsetting Hoshi as well.

Jeonghan wrapped an arm around Hoshi's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Soonyoung, I just don't know what to do"

Hoshi looked at Jeonghan "I'm not going to ask you to stop, not if you really care, just don't ruin your friendship in the process, please" he practically begged.

Jeonghan smiled at Hoshi, he really thought Hoshi would just tell him to back down.

"I won't let it ruin anything don't worry" he ruffled Hoshi's hair before walking away.

-

Daena woke up to the sound of her phone ringing, her head was throbbing from the wine she had drunk the night before.

She checked the caller ID before answering, it was Joshua.

"Joshua? What time is it?" She asked rubbing her eyes.