Chapter 72

Daena reached over and grabbed her hairbrush from her dressing table and ran it through her hair quickly.

She then stood up and walked over to her mirror.

As she looked at her reflection she lightly smoothed her clothes. This was the fourth outfit she had tried on today and she still wasn't completely happy.

She had settled on a long sleeve white top with a knee length black satin slip dress over the top.

It had been years since she had been to concert and she wasn't really sure how to dress for it.

She took a final look at herself in the mirror and decided she was happy enough with her appearance.

She walked over to her bed and grabbed her bag just as her bedroom door swung open.

"We are gonna be late Daena" Leah groaned from the doorway.

Leah had arrived the day before, making good on her promise to attend the concert with Daena. Daena had been so happy to see her she had nearly started crying in the airport.

"I'm as ready as I ever will be" Daena sighed in response as she turned to face her friend.

She laughed as she took in her friends appearance. Leah was wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a Seventeen tour t-shirt.

"Why do I look like I'm going to a formal dinner compared to you" Daena asked.

Leah shrugged. "Maybe you are trying to impress someone" She walked her eyebrows at Daena as she spoke.

"Where did you get that shirt?" Daena asked choosing to ignore the comment.

"Hmm... oh online. Its cute right" Leah said looking down at her top.

"You know that's the wrong tour right. That one is from years ago" Daena explained.

"I know. But now I look like a proper fan" Leah beamed in reply. "Have you got the tickets?"

Daena waved the VIP passes at her in response. "The tickets are on my phone" She added.

"Lets go" Leah said as she grabbed Daena by the hand and started to pull her out the door.

"What's wrong?" Leah asked when she felt Daena's hesitation to move.

"I'm still not sure this is a good idea" Daena muttered.

Leah looked directly at her. "You will be fine. We will have fun and if you want to leave straight after we can"

Daena nodded and allowed Leah to pull her out the door.

-

Daena and Leah rushed to their seats as soon as they got into the concert venue. They were running late and the show was due to start in only 10 minutes.

"Oh my god. I'm so excited" Leah gushed.

Daena laughed. "Is this where you tell me you are secretly a huge fan"

"Well not huge but I'm definitely a fan now, since you introduced me to them" Leah replied, choosing her words carefully given that they were surrounded by fans.

The girls both sat back and took a moment to take in the scene before them.

The huge arena was packed with fans and you could feel the excitement in the air as they waited for the show to begin.

"Wow" said Leah looking around. "This is insane"

"I know" gushed Daena in response. She had never seen it from this side and realised just how famous and adored her childhood friend had become.