Chapter 80

Daena stood anxiously outside the door to the dorm.

She hadn't knocked or rung the bell, instead she waiting for Joshua to let her in, she didn't want to announce her arrival to anyone except Joshua.

She had called him seconds before to let him know she was there.

The door to the dorm suddenly opened and Joshua stepped through it closing it behind him rather than inviting her in.

She looked up at him with a small smile.

"You look nervous" He said simply.

"I am" Daena replied. She wiped her hands on her trousers as she spoke.

"I'll warn you, he's in a strange mood" Joshua explained.

Daena frowned at him. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"Honestly I think I've got whiplash from how quickly his mood has changed today" Joshua said with a chuckle.

Daena looked down at the ground. She couldn't help but feel like it was her fault Jeonghan had been like this.

"Hey" Joshua said reaching out and touching her shoulder to comfort her. "I'm sure it will all be much better once he has seen you and you guys have sorted this whole mess out"

"Do you think?" Daena asked looking up hopefully at Joshua.

Joshua removed his hand and shrugged. "I hope so"

"Joshua" Daena said quietly. "What if he isn't interested? What if it's really over?" She blinked away tears as she asked this, refusing to cry.

Joshua tilted his head. "I actually don't know what he will say or think when he sees you. But I can confidently say he is still in love you with you" he answered nodding his head as he spoke.

Daena took a deep breath and place her hand on the door handle.

"Wait" Joshua blurted out.

Daena turned to look at him.

"Also I should tell you. Don't be friends with that girl that works the reception desk at the agency anymore" he explained in a rush.

"Minji? What? Why? Daena asked confused.

"She was hitting on Jeonghan today. Asking if he was single. He thinks I didn't hear but I did" Joshua replied.

Daena stood quietly for a moment. "Oh. Wow. I thought we were friends" She sighed sadly. "What did Jeonghan say?" She asked.

"I didn't hear his exact answer but from what I could gather he turned her down" Joshua explained.

"Okay. Well I don't think I'll be speaking to her again. We weren't that close anyway." Daena replied with a shrug.

Daena grabbed the handle again and looked at Joshua for permission.

He nodded. Daena opened the door quickly and hurried as fast as should could down the hall to Jeonghan's room, praying no one would see her as she did and spoil the surprise. Whether it was a good surprise or not remained to be seen.

She reached Jeonghan's room and opened the door without knocking then closed it swiftly behind her.

She said a silent thank you to whoever was listening that she had made it there without being spotted.

"Go away Joshua, I'm busy" came Jeonghan's voice from across the room.

Daena smiled to herself. It was the first time she had properly heard his voice in months and she had missed the sound of it.