Chapter 29

Jeonghan had kept his word. He called whenever he could in the lead up to Seventeen's promotional trip to Japan.

The few days he had before the flight were taken up with preparation and he hadn't had a chance to see Daena in person before leaving.

Their phone calls had been brief and maybe even a little bit awkward. The timing of this trip really could not have been worse.

Jeonghan paced back and forth in his hotel room. Seventeen had arrived in Japan the night before and now had a full 2 weeks of promotional activities scheduled.

Seungkwan sat on the bed nearby watching Jeonghan. They were currently waiting for a car to take them to the first activity of the day.

"Sit down Hyung, your making me anxious" Seungkwan said patting the bed beside him.

Jeonghan looked up at Seungkwan and nodded. Quickly taking a seat beside him. He'd been anxious since they had arrived in Japan especially since he had sent Daena a message to let her know he had arrived safely. She hadn't sent a response and Jeonghan had put this down to it being too late at night and she was probably asleep.

As quickly as Jeonghan had sat down he stood up again. Seungkwan sighed.

Jeonghan pulled his phone out of his pocket. Still no message. He considered sending another message but decided against it, putting his phone back in his pocket.

Seungkwan chuckled from his seat. "Nothing from your girlfriend?" He asked in a mocking tone.

Jeonghan turned slowly to face him.

"What did you say?" he asked coldly.

"I..uhh.. I asked if you had heard from your girlfriend, you know, Daena, she is your girlfriend now right?" Seungkwan asked, his voice laced with his usual sass.

Jeonghan shook his head and sat down beside Seungkwan again.

"I'm an idiot" he muttered.

"What? Why?"

Jeonghan looked up at Seungkwan. "I never actually asked her" he said quietly.

"Asked her what?"

"To be my girlfriend, I thought it went without saying but now I think maybe I should have done that before leaving" Jeonghan said as he ran a hand through his hair causing it to stick up all over the place.

Seungkwan reached out and fixed Jeonghans now messy hair. "I'm sure it's fine, try not to worry"

Jeonghan nodded. He planned on fixing this when he could call Daena later during a small break in their schedule.

A knock came from the hotel door.

"Come on, the car is here" came Joshua's voice.

-

Daena had been watching the clock impatiently for the whole last hour. The class she was teaching felt like it would never end.

She had bumped into Leah that morning before classes had started in the staff area. Leah had been out of town for the few days that had followed Jeonghan's visit so Daena hadn't had a chance to update her.

Leah had taken one look at Daena's grinning face and begged Daena to meet her for coffee after work.

Daena had agreed but suggested Leah come over to her apartment instead.

Finally the clock showed that class was over and Daena dismissed her students.

After they had all exited her classroom and Daena was alone she pulled her phone from her bag which she kept under her desk during school hours.