Chapter 47

Jeonghan had been walking out of his meeting when his phone had started ringing in his hand.

He frowned at it when he saw it Seungkwan ringing, he couldn't think of a single reason why Seungkwan would be calling. He was going to see him in less than an hour anyway.

Jeonghan answered the phone irrated. "What?!" He demanded.

But his anger had quickly been replaced by panic as he listened to what Seungkwan had to say. He could hear the distress in Seungkwan's voice as he rushed to explain, talking so fast he tripped over his words.

Jeonghan interrupted only to berate Seungkwan a few times and thank him profusely before telling him he would be right there.

However he stopped for a moment and leant against the wall to collect his thoughts.

He could feel his hands shaking and his blood felt like it had turned to ice his veins. He clenched and unclenched his fists in an attempt to stop them shaking. If anyone walked past they would probably think he was crazy.

He tried to process exactly what Seungkwan had told him but he was struggling. Had he really had to save Daena from being taken away by that disgusting man? Surely not. That couldn't happen. Not in public in broad daylight. Surely he wouldn't be that stupid.

He had thought they had seen the last of this man when he had ejected him from Daena's apartment and made sure he would never work at the agency again. He never would of imagined this man would still be thinking about this and seeking some form of revenge. It had been months. Jeonghan had almost forgotten about the incident entirely, but clearly the other man had not. Or was it that he hadn't forgotten Daena and couldn't?

He pushed out as many of the bad thoughts as he could. Trying not to think about what could of happened had Seungkwan not been there. But his imagination betrayed him.

Seungkwan had been clear. Daena was safe, maybe not okay given it sounded like she was in shock, but safe.

This was enough to break him out of his panic and soon he found himself sprinting through the building to get to her, needing to see with his own eyes that she was in fact safe and here.

-

Jeonghan burst around the corner and into the secluded seating area Seungkwan had explained they were in.

He skidded to a halt, his breathing ragged from running all the way here. He glanced at the scene in front of him.

Daena was sitting on a couch between Seungkwan and Mingyu.

Before Jeonghan had a chance to take a step or open his mouth Daena bolted from her seat going as far as to leap over the coffee table in front of her rather than try and work her way around it.

When she reached Jeonghan she threw herself at him and buried her face against his chest, whilst wrapping her arms around his waist squeezing him tightly. Jeonghan instinctively did the same holding her tightly in his arms.

He looked over at Seungkwan and Mingyu and raised an eyebrow trying to ask if she was okay. Both boys nodded in response.

Daena slowly unattached herself from Jeonghan and stepped back.

He placed his hands around the tops of her arms holding her near him. "Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

Daena nodded. "I think so, I feel okay?" She explained.

Jeonghan examined her careful. She didn't look hurt or in shock as Seungkwan had described.

"Are you sure?... I... you must.." Jeonghan stammered over his words unsure what he wanted to say, or how to express himself.