Chapter 51

Daena was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed and her laptop in front of her.

She was waiting for her parents to call and they were late.

She had a feeling something was wrong. They had been getting harder and harder to get hold of and when she did get in touch with them they kept the conversation brief. They hadn't even mentioned meeting Jeonghan since that one time a few months ago.

Her paranoia had gotten the better of her and she had asked Joshua if he knew anything or if his mom did. He had firmly said neither him or his mom had any idea what was happening. But Joshua did say that his mom said maybe they were just trying to let her enjoy the life she had chosen for herself and not take up all her time or be an inconvenience to her.

Daena could understand this might be the case. Her parents had always pushed her to have her own freedom and never tried to have to much control over her. After all they believed she was her own person and it was up to her to make her own choices whether they be good or a mistake.

This attitude had helped her grow into the woman she was and she could see why they may be enforcing some distance.

Daena checked her phone and saw a message from her father.

'Sorry love. We only just got back and it's very late. Your mother and I will call soon. We love you'

Daena rolled her eyes. She did actually want to talk to them, she enjoying speaking to them, they weren't just her parents they were her friends and the distance between them was upsetting her.

She got up and moved into the living room but before she had a chance to sit down someone knocked on her door.

She walked over to the door and stretched up onto her toes to look through the peephole to see who was on the other side.

When she was satisfied it was someone she wanted to see she opened the door wide and let them in.

While she closed the door her guest removed their baseball cap and mask.

"Hey" Jeonghan said reaching out and wrapping Daena in a tight hug.

"Hey, I thought you were working?" Daena asked looking up at him.

He leant down and placed a quick kiss on her lips catching her off guard.

He released her from the hug and stepped back.

"They rescheduled some stuff. Seungkwan wasn't feeling well" he said will a shrug.

"Is he okay?" Daena asked concerned.

Jeonghan nodded. "He will be fine, anyway I'm here for an important reason"

Daena placed her hand on her hip and tilted her head at Jeonghan. "What's that then?" She asked.

Jeonghan looked her up and down.

"Why are you in your pajamas?" He asked.

"Because its my day off" Daena retorted as she walked over to the couch and sat down.

"No.. you have to get ready quick. Don't sit" Jeonghan said as he pulled her back up.

"What? Why? What's the rush?" Daena asked.

"I know Joshua told you he would sort the job trial but it's been ages so I went to the managers and they said you can come in today" Jeonghan explained.