Chapter 13

Hoshi pushed past Daena and entered the room.

"Jeonghan Hyung, what are you doing here?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

Jeonghan stood up. "I'm here for a Japanese lesson, am I in the wrong place?" He asked Hoshi gesturing at the room around them.

"Very funny Hyung, you already have a teacher" Hoshi replied crossing his arms giving away how slightly irritated the situation was making him.

Jeonghan sat back down. "I did and now I have a new teacher" he replied gesturing at Daena who still remained in the doorway where she had been watching this exchange like it was a tennis match.

Both Hoshi and Daena looked confused becayse as far as they were both aware this was supposed to be a casual lesson between the two of them. Like the old days except not on a video call half way across the world anymore.

Jeonghan sighed. "When you told the managers you wanted Daena to teach you they cancelled my classes and told me I'd be joining these from now on, guess they didn't want to pay for two teachers" Jeonghan replied shrugging, still lounging in his chair.

Daena watched him carefully, unsure if she was supposed to speak up.

"Hold on" Hoshi said taking his phone out of his pocket and walking out of the room, obviously to make a call.

This left Daena and Jeonghan alone in the room together.

Daena shifted uncomfortably where she stood still right by the door. The silence in the room was deafening.

Jeonghan sighed and laid his arm across the back of his chair. "You don't seem very happy to have another student Daena Sensei"

Daena continued to shift uncomfortable, something about Jeonghan made her unsure of herself. Maybe it was the confidence he portrayed or maybe it was that if she looked at his face for too long she felt the need to pinch him to make sure he was real. People weren't supposed to look this good.

Daena built up the courage to reply but as soon as she opened her mouth Hoshi burst back into the room.

"Sorry Noona, he's right I just spoke to the managers" he sighed explaining the result of his call.

Daena snapped out of her awkwardness now she had the opportunity to get down to business. "No problem, I can work with this".

"Hold on, one last thing. Hyung did you tell Shua Hyung about this?" Hoshi asked Jeonghan.

Jeonghan and Daena both looked startled by this. "Tell Shua?" Jeonghan questioned "No I didn't tell him, should I have? Is he your owner Daena?" He said turning towards her.

"Uh..n..no, its fine" Daena stammered a reply.

"That settles it then, shall we get on with the lesson? We don't want to waste Daena Sensei's times do we Soonyoung?"

"I.. um. No" Hoshi replied clearly dejected as he took a seat.

"Okay I'll get started, it would be good to get a basic idea of what knowledge you both already have" Daena stated in an attempt to break the tension from the seat she had chosen further into the room. The seat positioned her closer to Hoshi than Jeonghan.

Jeonghan began explaining his knowledge so far to Daena whilst she listened intently trying to gauge where she would need to start with his lessons.

"Soonyoung..." Daena called suddenly, snapping Hoshi out of the trance he was in.

Hoshi quickly put his phone back in his pocket. Daena guessed he had been updating Joshua on their surprise guest.

"Jeonghan was just briefly explaining where he is in his lessons, could you do the same?" She asked.

Hoshi then proceeded to explain what he knew so far, trying to explain around the fact that he really hadn't practiced much at all and had forgotten a lot of what he had already been taught.

"Hmm, your knowledge levels are quite different, maybe it would be easier to teach you seperately" Daena mused trying to work out the best way to approach the situation.

"N..No!" Hoshi exclaimed suddenly standing up. He quickly sat back down again as if he was surprised by his own sudden outburst "I mean we don't want to take up any more of your time, we will make it work, I'm a fast learner I'm sure it will all come back to me" he explained in a rush not making eye contact with the other two people in the room.

"I'll make it work, at the school I have to teach students of different skill levels, so don't worry, for today though let's just do a basic refresher of some key terms to help me work out your requirements from this class" Daena replied pulling her iPad from her bag.

For the next hour Daena taught Jeonghan and Hoshi the way she would teach her students at school, it came naturally to her and she loved every minute of it.

A couple of times during the lesson she thought she caught Jeonghan staring at her but when she looked again she was convinced she imagined it and returned to her lesson plan.

"Okay, thank you both, I think that's enough for today" Daena replied standing from her seat as she noticed the time.

"Thank you, see you soon Noona" Hoshi replied rushing out of the room knowing he was almost late for his next schedule.

Daena was already busy creating her lesson for next week so didn't look up and waved goodbye to both her students as she heard the door close.

After a minute or two she started to pack up her belongings, as she picked up her iPad her grip failed and it slid to the floor.

"Ughh" Daena moaned bending down to pick it up but she was startled when another hand beat her too it and accidentally brushed the hand with her own.

"Here" the owner of the hand said passing her the iPad.

"
Daena stood up and locked eyes with Jeonghan, he hadn't left or maybe he had and come back, she couldn't be sure since she had been so engrossed in her work.

"D..did you need something?" Daena stuttered embarrassed, at this rate Jeonghan was going to think she was an incredibly clumsy person.

"I just wanted to thank you for today's lesson, you are a wonderful teacher" Jeonghan said as he leant closer.

For a crazy moment Daena thought he was leaning in to kiss her but he simply placed the iPad on the table beside her.

At this moment Daena's phone began ringing from inside her bag, she released the breath she hadn't realised she was holding and pulled out her phone.

It was Joshua.

"Oh I should take this" She exclaimed.

"Indeed" Jeonghan replied coldly looking at the caller ID on her phone.

"Hello" Daena said into the phone placing it between her shoulder and her ear so she could continue to pack away whilst talking.

When she turned back she realised she was now alone in the room. Jeonghan had left.