Chapter 24

Daena sat in the coffee shop waiting for Leah to arrive, her leg was bouncing up and down showing how impatient she was becoming.

She checked her phone for the third time. Leah was 10 minutes late.

As she was about to put it down her phone buzzed signalling she had received a text. It was from Joshua.

'Can you come by the dorm. I think we need to talk'

Daena gulped as she read it. All the color drained from her face.

"You look like you've seen a ghost" Leah frowned before sitting down opposite her.

"Not quite, but something equally as scary" Daena pointed at the coffee she had already brought Leah. "It's a good job you like iced coffee or it would of gone cold"

"Yeah, sorry I'm late, anyway what's up is this about that guy, the freaky one who basically held you hostage" Leah asked.

Daena had told Leah everything about that night when she had seen her the next day. Leah had been furious and wanted to go give Hajoon a piece of her mind.

"No, not about that and he didn't hold me hostage" Daena said rolling her eyes.

"So what is it?" Leah sipped her drink.

"I need your advice again. But this time don't tell me to try dating someone else it didn't go so well last time"

"Oh it's about those two" Leah locked her fingers together and rested her chin on the back of her hands ready to listen.

"I don't know what to do" Daena sighed. "Joshua is home to me, he's everything I wanted growing up. I used to wish for the day we would be more than friends but now I don't know, maybe I'm just holding on to the past and wishing for that dream to come true when I'm not even sure it is my dream anymore"

Leah nodded as Daena spoke, taking in her words and motioning for her to continue.

"But then there's his friend. I've not spent that much time with him in comparison but it's like I've known him my whole life. He makes me feel safe. When he walks into a room it's like it becomes brighter. I'm so aware of him. It sounds cheesy but I feel drawn to him like a magnet".

Leah rubbed her chin considering Daena's words.

"I'm not going to try and tell you your own feelings. I don't know which one you like more or which decision is right. Only you know that Daena"

Daena sighed and rubbed a hand over her face.

"I just wish it was simple. Sometimes I wish I hadn't met Joshua's friend. Then I wouldn't have this problem. It would have been Joshua. It should have been Joshua".

Leah frowned.

"It still can be if that's what you want".

"I don't even know. I'm so scared of losing either of them. Maybe I should be happy to just have them as friends".

Leah leaned across the table and took one of Daena's hands in her own.

"I know we haven't known each other long. But I count you as one of my best friends. I just want you to be happy Daena"

Daena smiled back at Leah.

"I know. I'm so grateful I have you to talk to. It's just hard cos I know every choice leads to hurt for someone"

"My opinion. Go see them. Really listen to your feelings. Look them both in the eye. You'll know" Leah stated leaning back in her chair.

Daena's phone buzzed from the table.